Unable to load image data. Image may be missing or upload size may be too large for this device. The image may still be in the camera roll on the device

2 of my users have gone on site and between them created 6 new records. Each row can have up to 10 photos, each with an associated timestamp column.

The first user created 2 new records. The rows are present in Google Sheets, as are the timestamps for each photo. But against each photo column there is an error message of -

"Unable to load image data. Image may be missing or upload size may be too large for this device. The image may still be in the camera roll on the device."

When this user looks on his phone he can see the 2 records but the photos only show warning triangles. Image size in Appsheet is set default.

The second user created 4 new records. But these have disapeered, along with a coupld of dozen photos.

As they are both using iPhones, to me this sound like Apple running a App Cache clearing process. But any feedback from Appsheet would be appreciated

Looks to me like the photos couldn’t be uploaded (for reasons I can’t explain). Consequently, the URLs AppSheet uses to retrieve the photos for display in the app are broken and point to nothing. I suspect the warning triangle is alerting you that the links are broken.

This entire issue sounds like it might be best handled through support@appsheet.com. There could be device specifics involved, or limits of your data store, maybe?

Hi @1minManager did you find a solution? I’m also having this problem now.
In my Google Sheet it only says: “Unable to load image data. Image may be missing or upload size may be too large for this device.”
I found one interesting answer from @praveen

1 Like

We did some testing and we think it was related to Apple running an App Cache clearing process. From memory, once you iPhone has less than 40% of free space it will randomly run through your Apps clearing the cache to free up space. If this happens while you have the App open, you might notice:
1 = Sync items disapeering
2 = If you have the App open but minimised, when you go back into you’ll have to login in again :confused:

We’ve also recently noticed another little quirk with Apple. Some users where doing time entries on Wed/Thus yet they only appeared in the spreadsheet on Monday morning. So my hyposis is that on some phones a minimised app is having it internet connection blocked.

I hate Apple :frowning:

2 Likes

@Adam @mandar @Patrick_Wong FYI

3 Likes

Thank you @1minManager. Ours is a Samsung Galaxy S9, not Apple. I will try to find the reason.

Ok, try to confirm the image file exists and will open outside of Appsheets in Google Drive or whatever you use. If the file isn’t there its probably a sync problem. If it wont open it might have been corrupted due to loss of internet. If it is there and opens, try re-adding to Appsheet to see if it fails again.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

@1minManager we have a new version of the iOS app…could you update to it from the App store and try if it solves your issue? (Appsheet iOS app v 14.2+)

2 Likes