Under a publisher account... If i publish an ...

Under a publisher account… If i publish an app, can every user use the app individually? Or will the app update any change that any user makes within the app?

For example. If John, Julie and Mark download my app and Julie saves a file, will John and Mark’s version of the app also sync that file so they also have access? Or only Julie’s?

0 5 449
5 REPLIES 5

@Veronica

Public apps don’t have user authentication. Therefore the data is public and whoever opens the app sees all the data

Thank you - If I want to publish an app on the app store that people can use individually… is there a way of doing that on appsheet? Or is that impossible?

@Veronica

As a first step, you should be using a Pro account instead of Publisher Pro.

2nd step: in your gSheet back-end you should have an [Email] column where you silently log each users’ email address with USEREMAIL() expression.

3rd step: you should use a Security Filter in your table to filter out users’ own data with an expression like:

[Email]=USEREMAIL()

Pro costs s$10/user/month. How can anyone make any money publishing apps with fees like that?

Is there no other way?

@Veronica

There is also a Business Starter Plan which supports up to 1000 active users and only 1 app published with sign-in enabled. The feature set is PRO plan features and the cost is $300/per app/month. You can send an email to sales@appsheet.com for further inquiry. Also chiming in @Santiago

Top Labels in this Space