UNIQUEID removed when saving

I want to use UNIQUEID to generate an ID as an initial value for a time sheet application.

The ID field initial value field get back to blank after I save the app after adding UNIQUEID() in the initial value field. Any reason why I am having this behaviour?

Solved Solved
0 8 184
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unless you Regenerated as well, youโ€™ll probably also need to go into that columns definition and delete anything out of the Spreadsheet Formula field.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post screenshots from before and after.

The app editor is telling you exactly whatโ€™s wrong. What donโ€™ you understand?

I am really sorry to bother you with my rookie question @steve. You must be looking for meaningful challenges today. I understand from the message that there should not be a formula in the spreed sheet. To make sure it is the case I have deleted and recreated the column in the spreadsheet but I am getting the same error.

Unless you Regenerated as well, youโ€™ll probably also need to go into that columns definition and delete anything out of the Spreadsheet Formula field.

Interesting. It seems a formula was still present in this field after I have deleted and recreated the column and regenerated the table structure. Thanks @Marc_Dillon for pointing the field for me!

Try turning the Editable flag on for [ID].

Thanks @marc_dillon for this suggestion. Unfortunately it does not work complaining about the sheet formula.

Top Labels in this Space