Update: UX color scheme

UPDATE: Please see our post on the recent release of the color picker for more information on creating a richer UX experience.

Hi all!

If you’ve created a new app recently, you’ve probably noticed a change to the color scheme selections. We’ve updated the choices available to select either a light color scheme or a dark color scheme paired with your button color of choice. This is a temporary, incremental part of some of the improvements we’ll be making to the branding capabilities in your AppSheet editor.

As part of this change, we’d love to hear more from you, our app creators. Because of this we’ll have a few members of our team who work closely with UX in our Office Hours session on Tuesday, November 26th. During that time you’ll be able to provide feedback and ask UX related questions. Register here if you’re interested in attending.

3 33 7,350
33 REPLIES 33

Hi! I have 2 suggestions for the UX color scheme.

1: The White - Red (The red would look better as more of a true red, rather than a light red)

2: I actually liked some of the plain color choices that have been removed. Like my app currently is using the green one, but that one has been taken off, so as soon as I try a different color, I wont be able to return to my green that I like. Thanks!

Thanks so much for the feedback @retailpartnercom!

Hi AppSheet

I have got a problem with “Card View” the front is disappear with other color only white template is work but other color is not work.
Second the header of other table in dashboard view is too large. Could it open the developer to choose to remove or keep it?
Third it would be great if we can working on “Dash Board view”
Last point. It would be more power if we can add in row in table view same as “Quick Edit”

Hope this help .
Thank you very much from Thailand ^^

Hi @Appsheet_EasyApp! Are you working on mobile device or a desktop?

What a terrible idea! So you take away a capability and call it an incremental part of some of the improvements? Does this mean that there will be more “improvements” which are incremental and involve the quiet removal of features from the interface?

At least it is temporary. This leaves me with a little bit of hope that this feature will return to the way it once was. How temporary is it?

Hi @Nathan_Aycock. We don’t have a firm timeline yet for when the feature will be adjusted, but it is being worked on.

So, I had a green layout before and now it is just white? I cant even change it back if I tried? Even when I select light layout with the green color selected, the background is still white. HELP

On my wishlist

Pinda_App
Participant I

there is a problem i reported at least 5 month ago and there is no response!!
i am using my app on ios 12 and 13, with the 5 icon Ui, and there is no colors !
and today after the update, my app icons turned so ugly like this one !!
whats going on for god sake

I don’t know about the color issue but I understand that a fix is on the way in regard to this issue.

I mean by the Color problem that even if you choosed whatever colore theme, you wont get anything but the black colore, no red no blue no orange nothing, just the black icons.

But if i returned to the old Ui with the sync and share buttons, the colore themes works fine.

I see. I was just referring to the bars at the bottom of the screen. I hope the color issue gets resolved soon.

Yes we are on the same page, its all about the bar’s color at the bottom . I hope so, i waited for long time now

How do you return to old color scheme?!?! I hate the new one and need help bad.

Supposedly, you can’t…
Maybe you can restore to a prior version before you made that change.

Hi @Christian_Martinek At this time you’re unable to revert back to the old color scheme. What can we help you with for your color scheme?

Vlad_Roman
Participant IV

Just learned about this trying to create a new app. Only light and dark theme? You call this improvement? This a step back. Now i have to copy one of my current apps. Delete everything in it just to have my colored theme in my new app. Not to mention the work i already put in the new app. Now i have to start over. Bravo team appsheet! Bravo! You are really making me work for it don’t you.

Hi @Vlad_Roman Thank you for your feedback. This change is part of a series of incremental improvements that we’re making on the UX side of app creation. This color theme change is meant to be temporary, be sure to follow along in this community for information on future updates.

These future updates will include some sort of color scheme option for top and bottom ? Thank you!

Update please. Another 6 weeks and I am now affected by this terrible situation. My App which used to be a lovely blue now looks like total garbage and the only way for me to fix it is to roll back an entire days worth of coding work? C’mon team - either fix it or give us some sort of workaround ASAP!

following waiting for more colorful themes

I’ve just been refreshing one of my apps for the year, and was also astonished that choosing a different “primary color” meant the lovely coloured header and footer areas just turned white and I can’t do anything about it. It looks so boring now. Surely this is a bug rather than an improvement?
Is there any outlook on when it can be fixed please?

You’re not alone, @Chris_Green. The forums are full of other users upset by this change and AppSheet is aware.

They keep mentioning that this is an incremental change and hinting towards some larger improvement, but have not said if this specific option will return.

I like the new Light/Dark options, and I understand the need to roll out major UI updates in phases. I’m really hoping that this is just the first step at giving us much more control over the UI- including changing the header colors again.

AppSheet has been a lot better about listening to community feedback lately. And of all the recent changes, this one seems to have the most negative responses in the forums.

Overall, I’m happy with the platform and think the dev’s are doing great work.

All we can do is keep providing feedback and hope the next update addresses the issues we are most vocal about.

I think they should at least add the option to restore it, or maybe a pop up warning… Lots of people are pretty upset about it…

jazzedge
Participant I

Come on guys… bring back the color options, please !

Hello, could you give us an estimate date for the return of the color please? so we can communicate it to our customers thanks

Hi everyone. While I don’t have a firm answer for anyone yet on a timeline, I want you all to know we see your frustration. As soon as I have information available for you all I’ll post it to this thread.

hru
Participant V

I am sure that the UX will be fixed to a much better, however, while waiting on it, I have a workaround that I am using right now to keep the colors. I share the link here, just in-case someone have not read it yet and might also found it useful for the time-being.

Hi

I noticed that my white label Android app no longer display the slightly darker app color at the top notification bar in Android. Can you bring back that feature?

Hello,

I’ve noticed in the thread that the UX color scheme was to be updated since last year. Will there be any big changes to the App coming soon? I’m a new user working with my first App and I really would like to become a steady and master Appsheet App creator. I hope we will have more options soon!

Hi @Fabio_Martinez there are a few updates that have been made available to our UX functionality. The color picker has recently been rolled out and creates a much richer UX experience.

Rene_Casana
Participant II

Is it possible that the default Yellow swatch change to be more like a #FFD300 ? because the current one is sort of a palid dark yellow that I avoid to use even on UI elements like actions and other buttons.

Hello all

The swiping motion between tables and in forms makes me dizzy, can it be turned off? I think many users will also feel extremely uncomfortable