Updating Transaction

Hi. I am trying to implement a product process we have that goes through 6 stages. I am using a QR Code to scan the product at every stage.

I am going to split each stage into a slice. First stage is Quality Check and the user generates a new record and saves. Second stage is Fabrication which a different user enters additonal information on.

What I would like to do is when the Fabrication user scans the unique QR Code it returns the associated UNIQUEID() of the transaction generated in the previous stage. I donโ€™t want to present the user in stages 2 and above with a listing of transactions generated in stage one. When they click Fabrication it opens up a form and when they scan the QR Code it pulls in the original transaction data.

Hope this makes sense.

Any help on this would be great, thanks.

Solved Solved
0 5 547
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeah, youโ€™ll need a separate search form with a Form Saved event action to direct the user to the appropriate view. Option (3) is the one that will do that.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

To locate all rows that match the scanned barcode:

FILTER("MyTable", ([Barocde] = [_THISROW].[Barcode]))

To get only one row rather than a list:

ANY(FILTER("MyTable", ([Barocde] = [_THISROW].[Barcode])))

To get a link to view the one row, suitable for use with an action:

LINKTOROW(ANY(FILTER("MyTable", ([Barocde] = [_THISROW].[Barcode]))), "MyView")

See also: ANY(), FILTER(), LINKTOROW()

Thank you @Steve. I think any of those 3 options will work for me because the Barcode represents a unique product code. I have gone with option 1 but a little unclear where to apply the expression. The scanning of the QR Code populates the [Product Code] column in each slice. Do I apply the expression as a formula here?

Hi. Re my previous post, Am I right in thinking I need to create a search form with just a [Product Code] field which the user populates through scanning and apply any of the 3 options above as a โ€˜Form Savedโ€™ action to direct them to the next slice of the original record?

For the second slice I have a view called Fabrication which updates table Operations Master Check.

Yeah, youโ€™ll need a separate search form with a Form Saved event action to direct the user to the appropriate view. Option (3) is the one that will do that.

Thank you @Steve. Did that and it works perfectly.

Top Labels in this Space