Updating value based on date

Hi.

I have a table called Pole_Movement_Master with a column [Sheet Number]. I am auto generating this number through an appformula. I only want the number to incement by one each day as opposed to each transaction.

Could somebody advise what I could add to my expression so that the Sheet Number is only incremented when todayโ€™s date changes?

Any help would be great, thank you.

0 4 489
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Participant V

To do what you want, there must be some way to determine the day has changed. Is there a date associated with each row already? For instance, if there were a column called StartDate that contained the date from which you want the count started, you could compute the days since that StartDate as (HOUR(TODAY() - [StartDate]) / 24).

Thanks for that @Steve. Yes I have a [Date] column for each row. I will use that, thank you.

Could I ask a follow up? I want to generate a daily report which will list all the rows in the Pole_Movement_Master table for that day. I want the report created for the Entire Table but I cannot add in a [Date]=TODAY() condition for โ€˜Entire Reportโ€™ option.

Could you propose a way for me to generate 1 single report each day which will contain all the rows dated TODAY()?

Thank you.

Hi @MauriceWhelan Maybe you could create a slice for TODAY() and then use that to generate your report.

Many thanks for your suggestion @Lynn. I will try that.

Top Labels in this Space