Upload documents to a server through AppSheet...

Upload documents to a server through AppSheet

I have an App dedicated to the Sales documents. My agents have access to the app and can access to the updated Workbook. It is a document with all details about the collections (we are in fashion industry, our B2B customers are used to have a really designed document).

Therefore, I made an app for them with an access link to the Worbook. It is a PDF stored in a secured server.

This Workbook is updated EVERY DAY. As I am the only one that have access to the server, I make the Updates.

What I want to achieve here is to be able to have a possibility for my team to upload the new document directly in the server.

Is it possible ?

0 7 1,327
7 REPLIES 7

Yes you can upload the file directly to your server, but you need to add a new record for that file and with the correct path and file name.

@Aleksi_Alkio you mean I can use appsheet to upload a document from my computer to the external server?

I donโ€™t think that is what Aleksi means.

You need to upload the documents from your computer to the server then add the record for the new file in your Google sheet on the server.

I hope I understand your question.

m.j.

If you want others to do this daily upload and update task, just share the folder where the pdfโ€™s are located and where the google sheet is located and show them how to do the task.

I think that should do it.

mj

@Mary_Jane_Pender thanks. So I assume it is not possible through AppSheet. I will find something else.

@Benoit_Gramond You can upload the file, but the app wonโ€™t find it if you donโ€™t add a record which will show that file with the app.

@Aleksi_Alkio all right perfect

Translate

Top Labels in this Space