Upload pdf file to different folders created on drive

Hi
I want to know if it possible to upload scanned pdf from my pc to choosed folders created on google drive.
for exemple : pdf1.pdf to folder3
pdf2.pdf to folder1
Can you please tell how to do that.
thanks

Solved Solved
0 21 972
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

i found the good expression to change the folder CONCATENATE("/foldername")
thanks

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

@adiboo_adib You can set the subfolder name from the file columnโ€™s definition. The option name is โ€œImage/File folder pathโ€. You can use a formula to create that folder name. If that folder doesnโ€™t exists, your app will create it.

thanks for your reply, but how to choose the folder on app?
can you explain me please

@adiboo_adib
In your columnโ€™s definition, there exists an option named Image/File folder path as @Aleksi had already stated. You can enter a conditional expression here as per your requirements. You can use expressions i.e. SWITCH(), IFS() or IF(). You donโ€™t need to choose anything, the expression will automatically arrange it for you.

Thanks for your fast relpy,
Have you a demo app that use this fonction please, i want to use appsheet because iโ€™m not a coder
thanks

@adiboo_adib
This is not related to being a coder or not actually. Iโ€™m afraid thereโ€™s no demo app for that either as itโ€™s totally user specific. This way or the other you will need to use AppSheet expressions to achieve many requirements that your app might have or need. So I may advise reading documentation, make your hands dirty and come up provided you canโ€™t achieve the desired result.

I found how to add file folder path, now can you give me the right expression for SWITCH for choosing folder, for exemple if i have folder1 and folder2
Thanks

Sorry to disturb you, but can you give me an exemple please for real syntaxe SWITCH(folder1, folder2) for exemple.
thanks

Please help for switch expression, i want to save file upload on a different existing folder .
For exemple the the column name โ€œFormations scanโ€ i want to save all uplaoded pdf files to an existing folder (/appsheet/data/appname/pdf1/) not the default folder.
Thanks

i found the good expression to change the folder CONCATENATE("/foldername")
thanks

Excellent

Hi Everyone
I have a question, it is possible to use file type to upload multiple pdf file?
thanks

Nope. If you want to upload multiple files, you need to create an additional table for uploaded files and connect it to your table as a reverse ref (with isPartOf set to ON)

Can you explain me or give me a link to see how to do that please.
thanks

Take a look at my community sample app below. On the Deck View choose Frank McGee. In form, there is an ENUM field at the end and choose Yes and see how it works. You can download the app from my portfolio here > https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/245151

Itโ€™s not that i need, i explain again sorry for my bad English
i have a row where i upload pdf , it look like this

but when i use the same row i upload the new file but doesnโ€™t display the old one.
Can you tell me how to display all attached files using the same row please.
Thanks

I believe I couldnโ€™t be able to grasp your idea here. You want that when you edit a certain record to upload a new file to a certain column, do you want that the existing file record in that column shall be empty? Or what?

i want upload files on an existing record and display both fileslike here

Unfortunately you canโ€™t have such a thing in your detail view

OK thanks
I have another question please, itโ€™s possible when i upload a file (pdf for exemple) on a rom, to send an email with the attached file. If itโ€™s possible can you show me how please or give me an exemple please

Top Labels in this Space