Upload Spreadsheet with cross-sheet IDs so AppSheet auto-detects References

AppSheet is not auto-recognizing references to other sheets/tables when I import my structure from a spreadsheet. In my Excel document, I have tabs/sheets such as, for example, “Organizations” and “Users”. The Users sheet has “Organization ID” as a column, the Organizations table also has “Organization ID” as a column. The values are 1, 2, 3, … Am I missing anything obvious? What is the proper way to achieve this?
Thank you for reading!

Solved Solved
0 3 329
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don’t think its based on ID but based on column name. For example, you have the table “Organizations”. In the table “Users” you would want the column name “Organization”.

At least I think that’s how it works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I don’t think its based on ID but based on column name. For example, you have the table “Organizations”. In the table “Users” you would want the column name “Organization”.

At least I think that’s how it works.

Yes! This works! It created the REF automatically.
Here is a working example for a gardening business:

Sheet 1: Garden
|Plot Name|Square Feet|
|213 Court Way|5|
|216 Court Way|20|
|210 Court Way|100|

Sheet 2: Client
|Client Name|Garden|
|John|213 Court Way|
|Scott|216 Court Way|

Thank you very much!

I reckon it depends on which platform you are working with. I’m currently trying to work with the app via a desktop personal computer. Though I reckon the so called “Sheet1” if using Google Sheets as your data-source it’s either bugged or hard coded to stay that way. You can change the title and the name but the referring worksheet name inside of the Google Sheet must stay Sheet1 otherwise the code freaks out. Change it back from a custom name back to Sheet1 and its all happy again.

Like you I have different tab/worksheet spreadsheet names yet it’s permanently stuck on Sheet1 and can’t replace the referring name from it. Maybe due to I’m using the free version, just wanted to test it out. Mainly do all my database stuff in Microsoft Access, it’s a little different working with spreadsheets and trying to get acclimated to the interface. I reckon I’m trying to do something more complex and not having access to individual settings of combo boxes, etc.

Top Labels in this Space