Use Export Data action on table that is part of dashboard

The first component of the above-mentioned dashboard is a detail view that allows users to select the rows to be shown in the (second component) table. This allows my users to self-filter the table (and so I have no slice at work). Iโ€™ve set the action to display as an overlay - but no action icon appears. Assuming this can be done, what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

0 10 498
10 REPLIES 10

What happens if you try to use position as โ€œDisplay prominentlyโ€?

I forgot to mention that I also tried that before-did not do any good.

Use that same formula and test it. Then check the reason from the Audit history.

Sorry-I donโ€™t understand what that means. What formula are you referring to?

Sorryโ€ฆ I was writing this into a wrong post Instead of that are you able to take a printscreen so I could be sure what your issue is. Thanks

Hi-I just sent support a video showing the issue. Thanks again.

The problem was thisโ€ฆ you tried to show that action with table view. When you use Dashboard view, you canโ€™t show any action for the table view. If you need to show it, you need to add it into the detail view.

Unfortunately I could not succeed in getting anything to show even on the detail view component. Thanks for trying.

Would you please describe what is your goal with this one. What kind of action?

As shown in the movie I sent support, the top component of the dashboard allows the user to establish multiple selections of cities and then variables using two dependent drop downs. Based on these selections, the bottom component of the dashboard is a table that shows the records that conform to those selections. The action in question would allow that tableโ€™s data to be exported into a CSV file onto the userโ€™s computer running the webpage.

Top Labels in this Space