Use of Concatenate to suppress blank data col...

Use of Concatenate to suppress blank data columns for reporting

Following on from Aleksi’s recommendation in response to another post I have been using virtual columns with CONCATENATE strings to suppress blank rows from reports. All worked fine, but I have just constructed another one and it is not including carriage returns, see extract below, anyone know what I’ve missed?

=CONCATENATE( IFS(NOT(ISBLANK([DoorAndIronmongery])),CONCATENATE("Internal door and Ironmongery: “,[ DoorAndIronmongery],”

")), IFS(NOT(ISBLANK([FireDoorAndIronmongery])),CONCATENATE("Internal fire door and ironmongery: “,[ FireDoorAndIronmongery],”

")), IFS(NOT(ISBLANK([FinalExitDoor])),CONCATENATE("External final exit door: “,[FinalExitDoor],”

")), )

By way of a footnote from other posts I’ve seen I think others struggle with reporting from Appsheet and it would be useful to have a function that automatically suppresses columns for rows that have no data along with their corresponding headings, would make life so much easier. Thanks, Steve

0 5 588
5 REPLIES 5

What is the result with this expression and what it should be?

It was providing the concatenate string correctly but with any carriage returns. For example:-

Internal door and Ironmongery: Fair Windows: Good Curtains or BlindsFair Wall Finishes: Good Floor Finishes: Good Ceiling Finishes: Good Fixtures & Fittings: Fair Plumbing: No evidence of leaks Electric Lights: All lights working , Light switch intact and working Electric - Sockets: No broken sockets

That said, after changing my table structure which forced me to regenerate it has started working in the way I expect, so no problem now! Text generated this time appears as:-

Internal door and Ironmongery: Good Windows: Good Curtains or BlindsFair Wall Finishes: Good Floor Finishes: Good Ceiling Finishes: Good Fixtures & Fittings: Good Plumbing: No evidence of leaks Electric Lights: All lights working , Light switch intact and working Electric - Sockets: No broken sockets

This is what I was expecting to see. Thanks for taking time out to reply to my post.

If anyone else experiences this problem I suggest they insert an extra column in their data table and regenerate.

And btw… you can write the NOT(ISBLANK()) like ISNOTBLANK() as well.

Okay, thanks for the heads up.

Top Labels in this Space