Use single detail view for multiple primary views

Phil_Waite
Participant V

Hi,

I have about 20 different views in my app. Each one has a detail view with 15 quick edit columns and about 20 in the culmn order. I would like the detail view to be the same for all of them. I can make a copy of a detail view and assign each table or slice to the new version but this itself is time consuming when I have so many and I have to redo this each time I change something on the detail view. Is there anyway of using a single detail view for multiple tables/slices/primary views?

Thanks

Phil

0 3 1,039
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Phil_Waite - unfortunately right now I donโ€™t believe thereโ€™s one quick solution for this, because each view is built on a specific table. Iโ€™d recommend creating a detail view with all the customizations youโ€™d like, then โ€˜copyingโ€™ that view for each relevant table. Each will have to be maintained individually though.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for getting back to me. I use the app for sales and have two more people using it . They report the โ€œawe snapโ€ event quite a lot sometimes but rarely for me. Is there a way of stopping this/making the their use more efficient? Mine seems fine and doesnโ€™t freeze but theirs does momentarily when moving about in the app.

Many thanks

Phil

Steve
Participant V

You might consider whether the multiple tables could be consolidated into a single one.

Top Labels in this Space