User Data: Displaying Individual User Data to all Users

Hello Appsheet community,

I am creating an app in which users can earn points for recycling. At the moment I am trying to create a scoreboard in my app, which is a view that displays each user’s points and sorts them from least to greatest. I have a “Total Recycling Points” Column in my Profile table that refers to the “Total Recycling Points” column in another table called “Recycling Points Chart”. This table has a slice that uses a filter that shows each user their own data. I tried to create app formula that looked like this:

SUM(Recycling Points Chart[Total Recycling Points]

But that returned the total of every user’s points. So I tried

SUM( Recycling Points Chart slice[Total Recycling Points])

Although that returned the current user’s recycling points, it showed the same number for every user.

So here is my question: Can you help me find a formula that will show each individual user’s total recycling points?

Thank you

Thank you for this reference. I have having some trouble understanding how to combine SELECT () with SUM () and how to add the list of values that is returned.

2 Likes

I tried to use this formula:

SUM(SELECT(Recycling Points Chart[Total Recycling Points], (Email Address = [Email Address]), TRUE))

But the return was “0” for all users. So I tried to use this formula:

SUM(SELECT(Recycling Points Chart[Total Recycling Points], (USEREMAIL() = [Email Address]), TRUE))

But the return was the same Recycling Points for each person.

Could you please elaborate on how to go about changing my formula?

1 Like

The second expression looks good to me:

Please post a screenshot of the column list of the Recycling Points Chart table from the Data >> Columns tab in the app editor.

Sure! Here it is

1 Like

And here is the result of the second expression that I used:

1 Like

Does View Data for the table display the computed values you expect?

No, it actually displays the same data for every user, except for their emails

1 Like

Then the problem is with the App formula expressions of your virtual columns. We should probably review them one-by-one. Please post the screenshot of the entire App formula expression for one virtual column that does not produce the intended result, and provide a plain-language description of what you want the expression to compute.

1 Like

Oh okay. One virtual column that doesn’t produce the result I want is the “Total Plastic Points” column in the “Recycling Points Chart” table. It uses the formula:

SUM(Plastic Bin Slice [Points])+SUM(Additional Plastic Entries Slice[Points])

The goal of this formula is to add all of the points calculated from the entries in the Plastic Bin Slice and the Additional Plastic Entries Slice for a total. Since the slice has this row filter:

[Email address] = USEREMAIL()

The result from View Data is shown below (every row is for a different user). As you can see, it calculates the Total Plastic Points for one user and gives it to every user.

Strangely enough, I never noticed this because the chart that displays Total Plastic Points does not show “520” for each user, as shown in the picture. When I preview as another user, the chart shows the correct number for Total Plastic Points for that user:

1 Like

Whew! I’m confused! I suspect your data is organized in a manner I’m not expecting.

Can you describe your tables and columns in an outline form? Like:

table 1

• column 1
  • column 2

table 2

• column 1
  • column 2

1 Like