User manual inclusion

Is it possible to include a user manual in PDF form in the app such that anytime users install the mobile app, it comes with a user manual I would have created in PDF form as part of the menu or app or even a separate file?

0 5 2,008
5 REPLIES 5

Yes itโ€™s possible with the file column (read only detail view). Instead of using PDF would it better to create a โ€œeBookโ€ functionality directly with the app? Then the user would not need to open any PDF file. Could this be possible?

I tend to use the approach @Aleksi suggested and build a separate UserGuide table. This can include different content sections, descriptions, images, and URLs to other content if needed. The disadvantage is formatting may not be as โ€œprettyโ€. Some advantages are, I donโ€™t need an external file to provide help, itโ€™s completely searchable, and I can edit โ€œon-the-flyโ€ very easily - which I do a lot as the app changes.

Thank you @Aleksi and @Mike. I would love to use the UserGuide table approach, makes life easier. Is there any sample app with an example of such I can see as a reference of how to create such an eBook?

Mine is a pretty simple (and admittedly crude) approach.
I use a Table view, grouped by App Area. The detail record have descriptions and images to clarify the topics.

Top Labels in this Space