User Roles

Hi all, How can I can create an app with 3 roles, logging by their email

1. Officer : can view there clients only
  2. Manager: manage officers , can view their officer accounts only
    3: High management and Admin (me) : all officers account will be showed up in his/her app and me
0 8 264
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the AppSheet community.

Please take a look at the following articles to get initiated on the topic , including difference between the security filters and slice filters from the security point of view

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar , thanks for your reply but I just very new for the building app stuff and still could not do it
I have finished 90% of the app, just waiting for security filter and 1 more function to be finish
The app is very simple:
it contain a user table which have the officers accounts, then I referenced it with clients table, from the clients table will be referenced to the KPI performance of that officerโ€™s Client
for example: officer A handle clients 1 ,2
officer B handle clients 3,4
officer C handle clients 5,6
officer B handle clients 7,8

• When officer A logging will see clients 1 and 2, the same with B, C , D
    Manager E manage officer A,B
    Manager F manage officer C,D
    when logging will see the account of Officer A and B the same with Manager F
    and there have another role
    High manage team name G, H
    admin: me
  • when I and G,H logging will see the account of A,B,C,D
    Could anyone help please ? I try the instruction you link above still not work , I created a table name manager, and have this expression
    OR(IN(USEREMAIL(), Manager[Email]), USEREMAIL() = [Email])
    only work with the account of A,B,C,D but not work with the managersโ€ฆ
    Thank you

The shared article was to give an idea to the readers how role-based security filters can be implemented. You have as many as three different levels of managers. You will need to accordingly build your users/managers table and/or filter expressions.

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar , sorry here I am again , I have 2 table, one is Users table , the others is Manager table. The user table have name of officers and their email, the Manager table is the same (name and email of manager) , I used this security filter in User table as below:
OR(IN(USEREMAIL(), Manager[Email]), USEREMAIL() = [Email])
It can filter the view of officer email. But It is empty (not working) with manager email. Do you know why ? thanks

In general, the expression looks good.

Earlier you mentioned senior managers, managers, officers etc. Your latest post mentions two tables- users and managers. Could you please update which tableโ€™s security filter you are using the expression you have shared and in the expression, the officersโ€™ table is not referred? Also in which table the [Email] column is there?

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar , I using the expression in the User table. in the user table have the officers accounts, then I referenced it with clients table, from the clients table will be referenced to the KPI performance of that officerโ€™s Client

I just changed the โ€œEmailโ€ collumn from the manager table to โ€œManager Emailโ€ and the expression working now . the manager can see all the officers now.But it is not what I want . My company structure is something like this
officer A handle clients 1 ,2
officer B handle clients 3,4
officer C handle clients 5,6
officer D handle clients 7,8

• When officer A logging will see clients 1 and 2, the same with B, C , D
    Manager E manage officer A,B
    Manager F manage officer C,D
    when Manager E logging will see the account of Officer A and B the same with Manager F
    and there have another role
    High manage team name G, H
    admin: me
    when me and G,H logging will see the account of A,B,C,D
    So what can I do to get there ? I have to make another table for high management team ?
    What can I do to make this โ€œManager E logging will see the account of Officer A and Bโ€ happen ?
    thanks for your support

I am sorry that you have mentioned different information in different posts. Also in general the security filter expression needs to be used not in userโ€™s list but a table ( maybe client in your case) wherein you need to filter the data based on user roles.

Information shared by you suggests that you are trying to implement user roles in a few interconnected tables. As such, your requirement seems to extend beyond discussion on one expression.

I believe one will need a thorough understanding of your all data schema before suggesting any approach on a critical aspect like security filters.

Someone else in the community may help you better.

Hi, Sorry. Here I am again . I try to finish this project. I watched the appsheet training video

IFS(
ANY(Current_User[Role])=โ€˜Superโ€™,
TRUE,
ANY(Current_User[Role])=โ€˜Adminโ€™,
OR(
[User]=USEREMAIL(),
AND(
[USER].[Region]=ANY(Current_User[Region])
[USER].[Role]=โ€˜Non-Adminโ€™
)
),
TRUE,
[User]=USEREMAIL()
)
what is [USER].[Region] ? how can I make a reference between column [USER] and [Region] since they are in same table ?

Top Labels in this Space