User settings being reset to initial values

Starting today, my USERSETTINGS() have begun resetting themselves back to their initial values.

A common and simple schema I employ across applications uses a USERSETTING() project selector, and security filters to only pull information from those projects. To simplify things, I generally mark this usersetting required and point its initial value to a generic project. This ensures that when users first launch the application they donโ€™t have a null project (which would require additional logic to handle).

For some reason, my applications are now resetting the usersetting to the initial value, so users can no longer get to their projects. See video of behaviour:

Solved Solved
4 14 1,007
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

We are now seeing this problem across all apps and itโ€™s preventing any data behind a security filter from being accessed. Each app Iโ€™ve tested so far is effectively inoperable due to this bug.
@Steve

Same issue here

We are experiencing the same behaviour. Apps look like theyโ€™re loading, but when we load a specific project/site thereโ€™s no data. Occurring across all mobile apps, web browser, and emulator.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated.

Ours just started working again.

Same issue here across all apps making use of usersettings().

Outage realised just before 8 pm CET

Behaviour is identical for Apps owned or accessed by different accounts.

Same issue here. Users can no longer see rows based on USERSETTINGS security filters.

Same issue here. My app will no longer work due to this issue.

This is another one of those see-saw bugs:

• it works one day, then itโ€™s broken another, then it works another day, works for maybe a week, then itโ€™s broken againโ€ฆ

User settings has always been problematic with security filters, ever since they released user settings years agoโ€ฆ YEARS ago.

• The only thing I use UserSettings for anymore is for likeโ€ฆ a Dev switch - something I can turn on, as the developer, to show tings that were otherwise be hidden.

I would recommend not utilizing the user setting feature, and instead utilize a user table.

Man, you find a way to work that into every thread!

Good suggestion.

When it works, it works!

Solves SOOOO many problems, limitations, etc. itโ€™s not even funny.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I have the same issue. User settings are constantly getting wiped.

Top Labels in this Space