USERSETTINGS - how do I use with security filters

I finally figured out how to use the usersettings - sort of. It actually works well for one set of users and I was able eliminate almost 30 different slices and views which is awesome.

My dilemma now is I am going to have a group of users that will need access to view all rows of data but I canโ€™t figure out how to make this happen.

Usersetting was created to have user choose their table and then they only see records assigned to that table. All good.

Now I need to know how to have the managers see all tables. I did go into usersettings and create a โ€œroleโ€. Thinking user would select leader or caller and then the table column would only show is caller role was selected but that didnโ€™t work. I missing something with the security filter to allow the leaders to see all.

Hope that makes sense.

0 4 1,343
4 REPLIES 4

Is it possible to autofill the usersettings based on the sign in form my users are already completing?

User settings are stored in a single row, one row per user of the device. A userโ€™s row is created when the user first logs into the app, and persists for the lifetime of the app. The userโ€™s row behaves like any other table row: column valuesโ€“which are normal columns, not virtual columnsโ€“update only when the row is modified (i.e., edited in a form).

In your case, the userโ€™s user setting row will already exist by the the the user completes your appโ€™s sign-in form. The affected user setting columns would only update if the user edits and saves their user settings after completing your sign-in form.

I may have solved the first question - using NOT with the individual names seemed to work and shows everything.

Still interested in knowing if I can get the usersettings to autofill based on the sign in form though. Thanks

I did something similar, you must create a user table where each user has a key and is the mail, in this same table you must define the roles.

2X_b_b2729c728e074fbc6736f581cbaed3164132dc30.png

then, to build the security filter according to the role the expression should be something like this:

In this case, it shows the information of a branch depending on the branch configured. but it also works for roles or a specific company โ€ฆ I hope to help you

Top Labels in this Space