Using an AppSheet histogram Chart, is there a...

Using an AppSheet histogram Chart, is there a way to interactively change time granularity along the x-axis based on user selection?

My prototype provides a Form up top in which the user can click on an Enum column, choosing between day, week, or month granularity for summing values over time.

A) I have tried creating three separate Charts, one for each of day, week, month.

However, I canโ€™t see a way at runtime to swap different Chart views into a Dashboard view when the users pick between day, week, month.

B) Alternatively, Iโ€™ve explored using a virtual column to contain the desired Column data (day date, end of week date, end of month date) used by the Graph view.

However, histogram Chart view doesnโ€™t seem to allow for Virtual Columns to be selected for the UX > Chart(histogram) > Chart columns setting.

I can only pick from non-Virtual Columns in the Slice Iโ€™m using.

The screen shot shows what Iโ€™ve roughed out, but havenโ€™t gotten to work.

The shorthand below gives you an idea of how Iโ€™m structuring things.

// A) is there a function to swap Chart views? UX > Dashboard > View entries : Form, Chart

Data > Column(โ€œFormโ€) > group_type : Enum { DAY, WEEK, MONTH }

UX > Chart > Chart type : Histogram

// B) is there a way to choose virtual columns? UX > Chart > Chart columns : โ€œonly non-virtual columnsโ€

Thanks for any help!

0 2 967
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Stuart_Carmichael For the

A option mentioned by you,if you have three

different chart views made for day,week and month ,have you explored showing any one chart through Show_if constraint in the respective views? This Show_if constraint can be selected through an

Enum button in User settings.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar It works!

I setup a Show_If expression โ€œDAYโ€=ANY(SELECT(UserConfig[report_group],[email]=USEREMAIL())) for the Day Chart view along with one each for the other two Charts views.

Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space