Using If statement to set columns to a value

Hi

I need some assistance with the Set These Columns feature in Actions. I’m developing an app linked to a Google Spreadsheet for a trial. During the trial of the app, some users will continue to enter data directly in the Google Spreadsheet whilst other users are testing the app.

Using Actions, I want the app to update a single specific column, if the column matches a condition. In Actions under Set these columns, I use the following formula for each column

if([mask]=1,“Good”,"")
if([mask]=2,“Good”,"")
if([mask]=3,“Good”,"") and so on…

This works well but the problem is that, when the if expression is false it wipes all existing data. Is there a way to only return the value “Good” when the mask condition is true, but do nothing if the expression is false?

Thanks

0 2 1,158
2 REPLIES 2

You may wish to share more details on how exactly how you have configured the action.

However, in general, through a combination of Action Conditions and other conditional function alternatives such as IFS() instead of IF() , you could get the desired result.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Kris_Karlsson

In addition to what @Suvrutt_Gurjar said, here is another way to achieve same result

Top Labels in this Space