Using input to update existing data

Hello,
I am very new to this, but I am trying to set up the following behavior.
I am trying to set up a lab inventory tracker, where a user can log into the app and say how much product they made that day, and have the app add that data to the current existing inventory. I see how to have the user update the overall inventory, but I am looking for a way to have it allow the user to only enter what they made that day, and then have the app add the previous inventory listed in in a google sheet with the userโ€™s input. Is this possible?

1 3 156
3 REPLIES 3

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Dominic_Schade

At checking posts, I see you did not get an answer.
It is a common inventory app.

This will be a initial value to set, for a column TimeStamp, with DateTime Type, option editable Untick.
Initial value expression:
NOW()
Like this:

About this:

Itโ€™s unclear to me on this point.
What did you do so far, and where are you stuck ? Can you provide more details ?

Hi @Aurelien,
Thank you for getting back to me. What I am trying to do is the following situation.
Letโ€™s say Tom comes in for work, and at the end of the day he has made 25 grams of Chemical A. We already have 50 grams of Chemical A in inventory. I would like a way to have Tom fill out a form where he only needs to put that he made 25 grams of Chemical A, and have the sheet update the active inventory to 75 grams.
I have only been able to find a way to have Tom be able to update the overall inventory to 75 grams.

Hi @Dominic_Schade

Thank you for sharing more context.
So, then you donโ€™t need to update Sheet value. You will probably prefer using a virtual column.
Also, you may want to use a โ€œLogโ€ table for each new inventory made.

Actually, I suggest you have a look to this sample app, which I think fulfills exactly your purpose:
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Update-inventory-and-monitor-levels?appGuidString=722f8a69-cdbe-4e1...

Let us know if that helps you
Cheers !

Top Labels in this Space