Using REF_ROW when "ref-column" is a list

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if there is a way to use REF_ROW to retrieve rows from another table when the “ref-column” is a list?

REF_ROWS( " from-dataset " , " ref-column " )

I have two tables: Equipment, and maintenance.
Using EnumList Ref column types, I can assign equipments to each maintenance task I create, and viceversa, assign tasks to each new equipment I create.
This creates a List of Referred Equipments and Maintenance Tasks that is read like text separated with commas.

Im trying here to use REF_ROWS expression to get references to all equipments assigned to each Maintenance Task in the Maintenance Table, and vice versa: Get references to all Maintenance tasks assigned to each equipment in the Equipment Table.

Is this possible?

Solved Solved
0 4 1,555
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yah, it should just work, assuming you set everything up appropriately.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not possible with REF_ROWS.
You can achieve most of the same functionality with FILTER( table , IN( [_THISROW] , [EnumList] ) )

Thank you @Marc_Dillon , this did work to get a list separated by comas of those associated maintenance tasks to each Equipment.

Although what Im trying to achieve here is to have a Referenced List like the ones we have when using REF_ROWS. With the “view” and “add” button.

I want to have the ability to navigate from the Equipment, to the maintenance tasks, and viceversa.

Is this possible?

Yah, it should just work, assuming you set everything up appropriately.

Thanks @Marc_Dillon !

Top Labels in this Space