Using stored values with a new form entry. LinktoForm with Parent Table/Columns and Child Tables/Columns

I have an app that has many child tables. We use it to log inspections. Currently we are on year two of our inspections and I would like to incorporate some of the existing data from the parent table and child table into new records so we donโ€™t have to duplicate some of the form entries as they will stay the same. Like Locations, Serial Numbers, etc.

I would first like to know if LinktoForm is the best way to tackle this. I have tried a few times but get stuck with needing child table values. I also get stuck knowing how to get the action behavior to work directly from the default Form View Entry. Any help would be appreciated.

0 3 149
3 REPLIES 3

I cannot understand what you are wanting to do. I suggest that you elaborate some more, maybe ask it another way, and provide screenshots of the situation.

I have a form (Entry Form) that allows us to enter values in a handful of columns [County] [Locations] [Municipality]. We also have a lot of child tables and columns using this Entry Form [Device Identification] [Heights] [Types]โ€ฆ I would like to basically create an action that takes the previous data (both Parent and Child) and allow me to create a new row using a selection of the that previous data.

Specific examples of what youโ€™re wanting to do, including screenshots, would be very helpful here, as your requirements are still not entirely clear.

Are you wanting to copy records?
https://community.appsheet.com/search?q=%23ask%20copy

Are you wanting to lookup specific values, and pre-populate records with those values?

What exactly were you having troubled with when attempting to use LINKTOFORM. What does โ€œneeding child table valuesโ€ mean?

Top Labels in this Space