UX Format Rules - Rules stop working after view change

I am applying some format rules to change colors/icons of certain cells when the proper conditions are met for visible feedback to the user. I find that, in the editor, the rules are applied to the preview as I make changes. As soon as I change the view, all format rules go away and only come back if I reload the app. So it seems that the rules are applied at launch and then disregarded ever after.

My expressions are very simple, such as IF [cell] = true.

Is this a known bug? Are there other settings I need to apply to make this work properly?

EDIT: TLDR: This appears to only be a bug in the emulator.

Solved Solved
0 6 275
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

My experience with the emulator matches yours, @Erik_Meyer, so Iโ€™d call this a known bug. Itโ€™s been like that a long timeโ€ฆ

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bahbus

Are you changing the view before or after saving all the changes?

The preview panel is not really a true version of the app - itโ€™s a close approximation thatโ€™s built by the editor on the fly. Thatโ€™s why, when you make changes to things you can see them right away.

Are you seeing this same behavior for the formatting rules inside a web browser or on a device?

@Bahbus yes I was saving all changes before seeing the issue.

@MultiTech_Visions I will check in a browser and see if I can replicate.

Also, clear browser cache.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

My experience with the emulator matches yours, @Erik_Meyer, so Iโ€™d call this a known bug. Itโ€™s been like that a long timeโ€ฆ

It seems to be working properly in a browser. False alarm fellas, false alarm.

Top Labels in this Space