V.Calcs on reverse reference lists not updating until manual sync

Hi all -

I have a Bookings table and a Fin Txs table; the Fin Txs has a reference to the Bookings table, and the Bookings table has the reverse reference to related Fin Txs.

I have a virtual column in the Bookings table that adds up the value of all related Fin Txs. The formula I originally used was a normal select statement SUM(SELECT(fin txs[amount],[booking key]=[_this].[booking key)).

This worked, but to simplify formulas and reduce referencing the full alrge Fin Txs table, I shifted the formula to the reverse reference formula: SUM([Related Fin Txs][Amount]).

The formula seems to speed up the app (not sync time but time after click save) and calculates correctly; however, it only calculates the field after a hard sync. In other words, if I add a financial transaction related to the booking, the total amount in the booking will not update unless I force a full sync. To reconfirm, it is a virtual column.

Is this expected behavior? Any ideas of the issue?

0 3 286
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What youโ€™re experiencing is โ€œnormalโ€. Numerous people have observed that reverse references tend to update later than other virtual columns. I donโ€™t have an explanation for this behavior.

Ok. So itโ€™s technically a bug then? Any plans to look into it, or best to just avoid these formulas?

Iโ€™m too far removed from the developers and decision-makers to know whether they consider it a bug or whether they intend to look into it. Myself, I avoid using the reverse references.

Top Labels in this Space