Validation Issue

Hi, I’m fairly new here, I wanted to know if there is a way to validate whether the data entered into the column starts with a certain character. I’ve tried startwith() but when I use it the validation is done before the number is entered so it doesn’t even show up in the form.
what I tried : STARTSWITH([Number], “+94”)

Solved Solved
0 4 110
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can try this :

STARTSWITH([_THIS],"+94")

[_THIS] takes the value of the column in which you are applying the constraint.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You can try this :

STARTSWITH([_THIS],"+94")

[_THIS] takes the value of the column in which you are applying the constraint.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Yogesh this really helped

ps. would you happen to know how to set the date of a [Delivered date] column to the date when my [status] column is set to “Completed”.

There are a couple of ways to achieve this.

1. Have an action button to mark the status as completed and date to today.
    For this, you can create an action and use “Set the value of some columns in this row” in the “Do this” field of action.
    In the “Set this columns”, [Status]=“Completed” and [Delivered Date]=TODAY()

This way when the user clicks on the action button, it will mark the status as Completed and Delivered date to TODAY.

if you don’t want to have the action button shown, then you can use the workflow to trigger this action.

1. Create the action as above. In the “Set these columns”, [Delivered Date]=TODAY() and In Appearance, set the prominence to “Do not Display”.
    Then create a workflow for this table, with the condition - [Status]=“Completed”.
    Then in the “Run these tasks” chose “Change data” and select the created action.

Hope this helps.

I’ll try that. Thank you for all your help !

Top Labels in this Space