ValidIF Question Hi everyone. I have a row f...

Jim_Davidson
Participant III

ValidIF Question

Hi everyone. I have a row for scanned items, the barcode is basically the order number and I want to prevent the wrong item being scanned.

I have put into place a ValidIF

check between the ScanCode row and the OrderNumber row

[_THIS]=[OrderNumber]

I tested the expression and it is valid and works in the test sheet. However when I test via a mobile, I can actually scan a completely different number and it seems to accept it.

I would like to ask, is there a way I can prevent the wrong item being scanned? A visual or audible warning and not allow the user to save until the right item is scanned?

Many thanks JIM

0 9 346
9 REPLIES 9

That formula should do that job. What is the app name and account ID? I believe itโ€™s the quickest way to find outโ€ฆ and if itโ€™s okay for you, thanks.

What column type is [OrderNumber]?

Could [OrderNumber] be blank?

Jim_Davidson
Participant III

@Aleksi_Alkio delivered3-562498

Thank you I hope I got that bit right?

Jim_Davidson
Participant III

@Steven_Coile I donโ€™t think so the purpose of the row is to double check that the scanned item is the same as the order number. Thank you though.

Jim_Davidson
Participant III

@Aleksi_Alkio Look under the top menu for manifest the scan section is at the bottom Thank you very much

Soโ€ฆ both columns are text fields, no Valid_Ifs etc. When I tested your app (opening the form), it does not let me to save the form if these two fields donโ€™t match. The ScanCode field can be blank and then the validation would be true, but because itโ€™s a mandatory field, you canโ€™t save the record if itโ€™s blank.

Soโ€ฆ how did you manage to save the form? Can you describe it step by step, thanks.

Jim_Davidson
Participant III

@Aleksi_Alkio amazing when I tried it i managed to scan it! I am more impressed that I managed to get it to work However my issue now is that if i incorrectly

scan it notifies me yet when I scan the correct barcode it remains invalid , red underline and I cannot save so my new question is how do I manage that? As always thank you for your help. Jim

Maybe you should add one Show field (normal or virtual column) explaining the issue for the user?

Jim_Davidson
Participant III

@Aleksi_Alkio thank you I will work this out tomorrow. Thanks again

Top Labels in this Space