Values from columns (column is a formula based on other values in the sheet) disappears

Here is a video of what I am describing. I am using a database and the column type is decimal.

0 12 623
12 REPLIES 12

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Are the computed values being stored in the database correctly?

Please post screenshots of the affected column configurations.

| bol_total_labor | decimal(9,2) | YES | | NULL | |
| bol_totalmat | decimal(9,2) | YES | | NULL |
| bol_storagecharges | decimal(9,2) | YES | | NULL |

| total_addserv | decimal(9,2) | YES | | NULL | |
| bol_totalcharges | varchar(255) | YES | | NULL | |
| bol_deposit | decimal(9,2) | YES | | NULL | |
| bol_totaldue | varchar(255) | YES | | NULL |

I donโ€™t know what all this is telling me. Are these the SQL column settings? Iโ€™m really more interested in the AppSheet column configurations. Sorry for the confusion.

So, no, the values arenโ€™t being saved?

That depends on your database skills, but AppSheet prefers to manage the data itโ€™s expected to use, so doing it in the database may cause problems later, it will require a sync before the value will be visible in the app, and will prevent the calculation from occurring while the app is offline.

i have tried bol_totalcharges and bol_totaldue a few different column types.

when i search the values in MYsql they are still NULL

would it be easier to write a code that calculates bol_totalcharges and bol_totaldue in the database itself?

so these are all the column configurations. Is it because the things that are being added together to get bol_totalcharges are formulas themselves?

I donโ€™t think so.

I suspect the problem might be that the database is rejecting the values for some reason. As a result, the fields in the database row remain NULL. When the app syncs in the background, the database returns the NULL values of those fields, AppSheet sees theyโ€™re blank in the database, so blanks the appโ€™s copy.

Is there a log file on the database that might show why the update failed? The audit log in the app editor might show something as well.

So you know, Iโ€™ve not used AppSheet with a database back-end, so Iโ€™m winging it here. You may want to engage support@appsheet.com to get someone more qualified.

I agree. I think it has to do the with column type in the database. just not sure which other column type to try to get the data to stick

Here is another video that may help someone (smarter than me )

this seems to be the issueโ€ฆ just donโ€™t know how to solve it.

Top Labels in this Space