Verify all users have added a row to a table within a certain time

Hi, So in my application I have checklists, there are weekly checks, monthly checks and so on.
I’ve set up bots to remind users with emails every week or month to add the checklists (each checklist has it’s own table),
when a user adds a new row (for example) to the monthly checklist table, that user’s monthly checklist is considered updated.
All users add to the same monthly table, there is a [user] column that has initial value of USEREMAIL() to id the user who added a record and a [timestamp] column with NOW() as it’s initial value)

My Question:
How do I create a bot to check on the next day(for weekly checklist)/next week(for monthly checklist), which users have not added a row to that table yesterday/last week and send them another email.

Appreciate any help

0 2 195
2 REPLIES 2

Here is one way I can think of doing this.
Have a table with all possible users. Have a scheduled bot with a “For Each Row” event, Event: The Essentials | AppSheet Help Center, on that table.

For each for check if the user exists in the monthly/weekly table. If it does not send an email.

Hope this helps

What kind of expression do you mean? and since the monthly table has checklists from previous months as well entries from past months will show up so I will have to find a way to filter if the user exists in the recorded dated in the last week/month?

This is a great idea and it will definitely solve my problem but I’m relatively new with little experience so I’ve no idea what the proper expressions to use are, I read the article you tagged and I know I should put a condition on the “for each row” conditions but it is unclear if you want me to run the bot in the users table or the checklist tables. And how do I get all the emails of users who don’t exist in the checklist tables last week or month?

Thank you again for the idea but if you could point me in the right directions on the expressions I need that would be a huge help

PS. I do have a table with all the users for purposes like access privileges so I think I can use that

Top Labels in this Space