View a summary of where a table, slice or view is currently being used or connected in the app

Hi all,

I’m trying to clean up the design and function of an app. And I realize I have all of these tables, slices and views that are no longer being used. But I’m nervous about deleting things because I can’t always remember what I was using it for. Or more importantly what it’s connected to.

It would be great to get a quick summary of the connections/uses for each element BEFORE deleting. So you can make an informed decision.

Status Open
2 3 243
3 Comments
TyAlevizos
Participant V

Hello. It’s not a perfect answer, but each app has a built-in and auto-generated documentation page. On this page, you would want to do ctrl-F to find words and phrases - not very elegant, but at least would give you some of the answers you are looking for. To your point about “check before delete”, this page would not help here…

elan_Bailey
Participant V

Thanks I didn’t know this existed.
But yes to your point unfortunately it doesn’t solve the issue.

Case in point yesterday I deleted two actions thinking they were redundant with a new workflow I was putting in. Nope they were actively being used by another workflow.

Perhaps it’s just me. I have a tendency to use a design first and document later approach. That’s how I Beta test. But I’ve clearly outgrown that. Without this feature it looks like I’ll have to invest that time in creating architecture docs.

I was just hoping that since the system can give you warnings and errors after something has been removed that it could somehow do a scan and give you those warnings and errors between when you hit the delete button and when you hit the are you sure button?

Thanks Ty

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager