View Options - Sort by random

It would amazing if the list of my products in the app would be displayed randomly when ever the app is opened. At this moment I can only choose sort by ascending or descending and its boring as the app seems static.

AppSheet team kindly look into this please or if there is a way to achieve what I want let me know. Thanks

Solved Solved
0 7 1,390
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks @Lynn! Yes, Iโ€™ve been interested in generating random orders that only change periodically โ€“ not every time a change is made in the app. @Arthur_Siloka, here are some posts on the topic that I have made in the past:

This second one has an ingenious solution from @Steve.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This is entirely possible now, you just have to know how to do it: add a virtual column to the table you want randomly sorted. Give the column an App formula expression something like RANDBETWEEN(1, 999999). Sort by that that column. Give that a try. If that isnโ€™t random enough (it may not be), we can adjust it.

See also:

Hi Steve, thanks for the advice. I have tried as instructed but for some reason I donโ€™t know itโ€™s not working. Could there be something Iโ€™m missing or is there another way? Thanks

Please detail what you did, with screenshots if possible.

I just followed what @Kirk_Masden had done

@Kirk_Masden
Maybe Kirk has a solution? I think he is into this sort of thing?

Thanks @Lynn! Yes, Iโ€™ve been interested in generating random orders that only change periodically โ€“ not every time a change is made in the app. @Arthur_Siloka, here are some posts on the topic that I have made in the past:

This second one has an ingenious solution from @Steve.

Thank you. Your solutions does the treat. Itโ€™s everything I wanted.

Top Labels in this Space