Virtual Column calculates correct calculation but returning 0 value

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with a virtual column that returns the correct value when I test the calculation, however it does not display the values, instead only returning 0.

Hereโ€™s my virtual column:

When testing it, it actually returns the correct results:

But when i try to run it in the App UI, it is only returning 0 value:

Tried viewing it in the synced values but still, it returns 0:
3X_1_c_1ced9c971ebe5103ed916758e50c3dede6df341c.png

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
0 3 501
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I would guess the Total Order column is a normal column rather than a virtual column. Both normal and virtual columns may have App formula expressions, but the big difference is when the App formula is recomputed. The App formula for a virtual column is recomputed frequently, including every time the app syncs. The App formula for a regular column is only recomputed when the row is otherwise updated, such as when edited in a form or modified by an action.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I would guess the Total Order column is a normal column rather than a virtual column. Both normal and virtual columns may have App formula expressions, but the big difference is when the App formula is recomputed. The App formula for a virtual column is recomputed frequently, including every time the app syncs. The App formula for a regular column is only recomputed when the row is otherwise updated, such as when edited in a form or modified by an action.

Hi @Steve!

Thank you for your reply.

I have two tables, OrderDetails and SalesDetails:

Total Order Column is a virtual column on my OrderDetails table:

Whenever the user was able to make one/multiple inputs on SalesDetails table, the โ€œTotal Orderโ€ virtual column should display the total order prior on syncing the form. I was able to get it running last time but now its not working anymore.

@Steve,

I was able to get it running. What I did is make another virtual column of โ€œTotal Orderโ€ on the SalesDetails table, and assigned it on my AppFormula on OrderDetails โ€œTotal Orderโ€ virtual column, and that fixed it.

Thanks for the help!

Top Labels in this Space