Virtual Column - Column re-order

Hi All,

I created a view for a virtual column. However the view has rearranged the column order. I cant seem to find where i can choose the order of the columns

Please Assist.

Stay Blessed
Dessie

0 4 1,461
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

You can re-order virtual columns (or any column for that matter) with slices. For this reason, I recommend always utilizing slices for your views unless your application is very simple.

Hi @Jonathon! I just posted a โ€œTipโ€ that has to do with the advantages of using slices. My main point was that keeping data on just one table while using slices for individual views can lead to better performance than trying to have a table for every slice. I wasnโ€™t aware, though, of this additional advantage of using slices. Thanks!

Hi Jonathon,

I did create the slice of the virtual column. In the section where you are asked to choose columns it just shows the related column.

What do I need to do to resolve it?

Stay Blessed
Dessie

When you create a slice, it will populate the columns as they are ordered in main table / database. Within the slice you can then reorder them with the handles next to them:

Maybe I misunderstood your initial question, but you can also rearrange the columns within detail or table UX views directly in a similar fashion (although the only way to reorder them within a form is with the above slice methodโ€ฆ)

Top Labels in this Space