Virtual column disappearing from form view

Hi, is there a reason a virtual column would disappear from a form view if adding a new column to the table the virtual column is part of and regenerating the structure? I donโ€™t believe i have any constraints on the virtual column other than a show if that references an existing column being blank. I donโ€™t see the connection, yet if i add a new column to the table and regenerate, the virtual column disappears from the form view. Also wonโ€™t reappear if I delete the new column and regenerate again. Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
1 9 782
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A column with a blank value that is not editable (e.g., a blank virtual column) is not displayed in form views. If the virtual columnโ€™s App formula expression produces a blank value in response to to column value changes in the form, the virtual column may disappear from the form as long as the expression produces a blank result.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Are you using a slice??

Hello! I know this comment is from a long time ago - but I am running into this issue with a slice. When I click on 'view data' while manipulating my slice - the column is always filled. But when I try to edit the view using that slice, the column is empty. Any idea what is happening?

Please start a new topic for help with this.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A column with a blank value that is not editable (e.g., a blank virtual column) is not displayed in form views. If the virtual columnโ€™s App formula expression produces a blank value in response to to column value changes in the form, the virtual column may disappear from the form as long as the expression produces a blank result.

But is there a way where I can show the table even if it's empty? Or maybe add data in the virtual column from the form?

I am trying to let the user enter date in the virtual column before submitting the form, so the virtual column will always be empty when the opening the form.

p.s. I tried adding the data in the google sheet, but it didn't show up in the form. I also tried edit form but it also didn't show up there. It only show up in the detail page.

Your scenario is nonsensical: virtual columns cannot accept input.

Hi, I'm having the same problem, I don't understand what you are suggesting for a solution. Can you explain it a little more detailed and simple?

I ended up sticking that column in the table the virtual column references and we are good. Thanks for the help!

Hello, I have the same problem. I still want to add a column to the table where the virtual column is located. Is there a solution for this?

Top Labels in this Space