Virtual Column to return most recent log for activity

Ms_Margo
Participant II

Hi AppSheet Family!

I have a database for customers and each activity they are engaged in. With each activity we have a log to track where each activity is.

Table: Customers (Key=Key; Name = Label)

Table: Customer Activity (Key=Key; Activity Name = Label)

Table: Customer Log (Key=Key; Activity = Label)

I need to create a virtual column in the Customer Activity Table that returns the most recent Customer Log Entry for that specific activity. I have been playing around with MAXROW and SELECT but for the life of me i canโ€™t get it to work.

MAXROW(โ€œCustomer Activity Log Entryโ€, โ€œTimestampโ€, select(Customer Activity[Key], in([Related Customer Activity Log Entries], [_thisrow].[Key]))

Am I on the right track? Any suggested apps i can poke around under the hood?

Thanks!

0 5 326
5 REPLIES 5

The third argument for MAXROW() needs to evaluate to a Yes/No value. SELECT() returns a list.

Probably need something like this:

MAXROW(โ€œCustomer Activity Log Entryโ€, โ€œTimestampโ€, [Customer Activity] = [_THISROW].[key] )

Changed โ€œCustomer Activityโ€ to just โ€œActivityโ€ per your column name in Customer Activity Log Entry table.

You ROCK!

Steve
Participant V

Ms_Margo
Participant II

Getting closer but still no diceโ€ฆ

MAXROW(โ€œCustomer Activity Log Entryโ€, โ€œTimestampโ€, Customer Activity[Related Customer Activity Log Entrys] = [_THISROW].[Key] )

Maybe the attached screenshot will help?

I am going in circles because [_THISROW].[Key] will be contained in the Customer Activity[Related Customer Activity Log Entrys] and not equal. Thoughts?

Top Labels in this Space