Can some forum members and appsheet staff please identify and clarify the performance aspects of Virtual Columns Vs Database Tables Columns?
I have looked at the guide:
I vaguely remember an Appsheet Webinar last year which discussed this at the end.
With that, I am currently developing Appsheet Apps with where:
Virtual Columns are
- Updating their value every time the database row is read.
- Values are dynamic and are always up-to-date
- Slows down the application with the scale of the number of virtual columns and database rows.
Database Table Columns
- Updated their vale only when the database row is updated (or initially created).
- Avoids slow down of the application by not having to do any extra computations for dynamic values which seldom change during any user session.
- Values are static and can only be updated manually, e.g. data entry or action/workflow combination.
- Takes more database storage
Is anything wrong with the above?
Are there any other factors to consider?
Thank you for your comments!