Virutals disappear when I change column type - possible bug

Rod
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

I have a couple of virtuals that disappear when I change my column type (Employee) from Name to a ref or enum. They are select expressions in the virtuals as follows:

SELECT(Shift Day[Shift Date],
AND([Name]=[_THISROW].[Employee],
[Shift Date]>=[_THISROW].[Start Date],
[Shift Date]<=[_THISROW].[End Date]))

They come back as valid in both cases. Not sure if this is result of changing the column type from static to dynamic, but enum would be static as well.

I went to support and now Iโ€™m back to this forum.
I would like to change the column type to a ref, butโ€ฆ

Much appreciated if anyone has an answerโ€ฆThanks!!

0 4 488
4 REPLIES 4

Harry2

@Rod Hi Rod, could you give us more details please? Specifically, please give us the names of the following:

1/ The app
2/ The relevant table
3/ The columns that disappeared

App name is

2 Admin Employee Mobile Timecard

The table is Timecards

The virtuals are Shifts & Jobs

Thanks!

Hi Rod,

Sorry for the late reply. Iโ€™m afraid I was unable to reproduce the problem based on your description. I made a copy of your app, changed column โ€œEmployeeโ€ in table โ€œTimecardsโ€ from type Name to type Enum and Ref, but both columns โ€œShiftsโ€ and โ€œJobsโ€ did not disappear. Could you try again to see if this is still happening for you? If the problem occurs again, please check the Info > Errors tab in the editor immediately after you make the change to see if thereโ€™s any relevant error or warning message.

I apologize for my late response. Thanks for you help. Gil responded that it was related to the key value in the ref table. So I added a valid if constraint and solved the issue.

Top Labels in this Space