Voice Assistant crashes on Google Pixel 2. Samsun 10+, iPhone x

pdorenberg
Participant III

I have just finished developing an app and one item that would be great to address is that when I use the voice assistant on my Google Pixel 2, Appsheet crashes and kicks me out of my App. i.e., it just exits and then i have to log back into the app

One of the other users on the community site has also commented that it crashes for him as well on his Samsung S10+.

He said he also tested it on an iPhone x and it also crashes.

So it looks like on 3 different phones and two different users are having the same crashing issue on the following phones:

• Pixel 2
  • Samsung 10+
  • iPhone x

I wanted to formally submit a Bug report to see if there is a fix for this. This is a very cool feature and it works on my notebook (HP/Win) so having it on mobile phones for users would be great.

Iโ€™m also adding some text from the trace of where it looks like/at which point it crashed in the code, using my phone. Perhaps that may help?

Exception class name: java.lang.NullPointerException
Source File: SpeechRecognitionManager.java
Source Class: x1TrackMaster.x1TrackMaster.helpers.SpeechRecognitionManager
Source Method: onResults
Line Number: 157

Thanks,
Paul

0 7 367
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Participant V

Please send your bug report to support@appsheet.com.

pdorenberg
Participant III

Hi Steve,

Thanks, will do now.

Paul

Hi @pdorenberg,
Thanks for pointing out this issue. A fix for this crash will be coming in the next update to the Android app.

pdorenberg
Participant III

Thank you very much Gil, great to hear.

I noticed that one of the other community members mentioned that it seemed to a issue on iOS as well.

Just wanted to check on the fix for both Android and Apple platforms.

Thanks,
Paul

Yes, weโ€™re looking into iOS too. Could you please point to that post about iOS?

Hi Gil,

It was a reply/post to my initial question from Yassir. Hereโ€™s the link to that thread, see his comments about Samsung 10+ and iOS.

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks Paul. We identified one issue where, if speech recognition permissions are denied on iOS, that leads to a crash. We are trying to repro any other scenarios. Stay tuned.

Top Labels in this Space