Warning popup

Hello,

When a record is added, the AppSheet warns the user with a popup “Discard changes?” if he / she presses back button.

However, I noticed that when a record is edited, the AppSheet does not warn. How to enable warning popup in edit mode?

Regards,
Rajan

0 6 354
6 REPLIES 6

The following is observation only based on quick testing and not really a solution.

Please explore if it helps. Also there may be better explanation for the behavior.

My quick testing showed that while adding as well as editing record in the form view, the “Discard Changes” message seems to be getting displayed when any two editable fields in the form are edited, and the user presses back arrow without saving. If only one field is edited and the user comes out, the “Discard Changes” message does not display in both the edit and add record cases. In that sense the behavior is consistent between edit and add.

I believe you may wish to add, if you are observing the same or any different behavior, so that someone could guide you better.

That seems to be correct. But… it should do that even if you modify just one field. Let me flag this internally.

@Aleksi One of my customers brought this phenomenon to my attention. Do you have any insight as to whether this is an intentional behavior or is in fact a bug?

Specifically, AppSheet does not warn the user unless two edits have been made to a record during a Record Edit

I recall a developer describing that behavior as intentional.

Thanks for the clarification, Steve!

Steve was quicker

Top Labels in this Space