Was the button for creating attachment template removed?

As a rookie, I used to autocreate an attachement template , and then fine tune that templete.

Today, I noticed that creation button is missing.

Is this a definitive change , done on porpouse ?

1 Like

Hi, you need to save the Workflow first so you could see the “Create” button.

7 Likes

Thanks. I did that , twice. I’ll retry with a new workflow.

1 Like

Conclusions :

I was trying to create a report attachment template . For reports there is no “create” button . This option is available in workflows , after saving the workflow . So the deal is to create the workflow , create the template , copy the template to a report template , remove the workflow.

Also , another observation is that reports can be set for slices , and worflows can only be set for tables.

1 Like

I will check this missing button from our devs. I don’t believe we have done this on purpose. Thanks for this info.

1 Like

It is still missing on my end and others end as I saw in another topic

is there an update for this?? We cannot see the create button for email body and attachment template in reports…thanks

1 Like

This still seems to be missing, how are people making reports without it?

2 Likes

Yes, it seems to be missing. Was very useful to create a default template.

2 Likes

If it helps

1 Like

Hi, It helps parcially because I want to create a Report on a Slice but I don’t know how to invoke the slice in the <> espressions

In workflow select slice name instead of table name ,thrn create template. Slice acts as tables in expressions.

Anyway, an example from my reports templates :

<<Start: Select(SliceName[uniqueidcol], TRUE)>>
colaborator: <<[col1]>>
nume: <<[col2]>>
obs: <<[col3]>>
< < End >>

Thats it

1 Like

Sorry I Cannot select slice name in workflow. Only table

1 Like

You are right.

Maybe create your template using table name, then edit that template changing table name with slice name.

@Michael_Luscombe
@Suvrutt_Gurjar
@OptimiX_XcrY
@Futai_Ueng
It looks like the create template is back again for reports.

2 Likes

I still don’t see it, just tested it, but this for sure it means it will appear one of these days.

1 Like

I dont see either

Thank you @Lynn for the heads up. I also do not see it as of now, but as @OptimiX_XcrY , I believe it should be a matter of a few days before we see it.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar
Oh, … hope you get it back soon.