We have 1 particular app, where the backend i...

We have 1 particular app, where the backend is always really slow to use. i.e. whenever we click on something, then the page locks up and takes between 2 to 60 seconds before we can click on the page again.

See video demo: https://drive.google.com/a/swampindustries.com/file/d/1nx6A1Sy5d0RPprtGotNiuCoLLhyqmf6t/view?usp=dri...

• this is our largest app (most amount of connected tables) - we have this problem consistently with this particular app - I sometimes notice similar issue on other apps, but the delay is never as long as this app (PID Staff View)

Does anyone else experience this and know a solution?

0 6 346
6 REPLIES 6

#1 - Could you try turning off all your browser extensions and seeing if the editor speeds up? #2 - Could you open up the browser console (F12 in Windows) and check to see if there are any errors listed? #3 - Have you opened the app editor in another browser or device?

@Tom_Graham, the change you make in the video is not hitting our backend. You are making editor changes and have not yet hit Save. So the delay is entirely in your browser.

Almost certainly, it is #1 in Aleksiโ€™s list. Check if you have the LastPass extension running!

thanks @Aleksi_Alkio and Praveen. Noted it must be within the browser.

#2 - I checked this first and found

an error:

• I have removed the extension related to that error. But still get similar results.

• As per suggestions, I will try removing all the other extensions and test again (i.e. LastPass). We need the extensions during work hours, so will test after hours.

• We really rely on Lastpass as an extension. Do you guys have suggestion for password manager for Chrome to use that does not affect Appsheet?

Those error messages do not seem to be coming from our code. All the more reason to suspect some browser extension that is injecting code into our page.

Will look into how to prevent LastPass from interfering with AppSheet.

Top Labels in this Space