We have a safety form that has to be complete...

We have a safety form that has to be completed during an activity and the latest would be within the same day.

Is there a way for the app to prevent saving if the date provided was more than 1 day old?

If not then would there be another way for example the user will be able to still save but they will get a prompt saying that the form is invalid because it has exceeded the criteria which is 1 day?

0 9 347
9 REPLIES 9

It sounds like you should put a valid if rule on the date columnโ€ฆ Is it based on today, or another date column?

@Grant_Stead thanks for your reply. It is based on today. So If i did work today then I need to complete the safety form today as well. With the valid if set then I will not be able to save if it was more than a day?

@Joseph_Romualdez well, if thatโ€™s the case and you want to restrain it to todayโ€ฆ Then just automatically set the date to today with an initial valueโ€ฆ TODAY()

@Grant_Stead You mean in the Valid If statement?

@Joseph_Romualdez no, in the initial value of the date column.

@Grant_Stead Ah I guess is what you are saying is that they can still save but can only enter Todayโ€™s date. Makes sense now because I was looking at it from a different direction.

@Joseph_Romualdez yeah exactlyโ€ฆ Logically if you want to constrain your user to only create the record today, and thus you can set that date programmaticallyโ€ฆ

@Grant_Stead Thanks for the lead I have put the TODAY() in the app formula instead of the initial value and users are not able to change the value.

@CCMET_Metrotesting thatโ€™s awesome!

Top Labels in this Space