We updated our subscription plans

Hello everyone,

Beginning today, April 12, 2021, you will notice that our Premium and Pro plans have been renamed as Starter and Core, respectively. Your subscription and the included features remain the same - and will even include a few expansions, such as upcoming basic team management in Core. You can refer to our pricing page for details. If you subscribe to one of these plans, there is no action needed on your part - this change will be applied automatically. There are no changes to the Publisher Pro plan.

Our Business and Enterprise subscriptions are also changing: Business to a new Enterprise Standard plan, and Enterprise to a new Enterprise Plus plan. Both plans will allow for more flexible per-user pricing, while supporting the same features as their predecessors. If you subscribe to one of these plans, your current subscription will remain in place until your renewal. If you would like to find out more, please contact your sales representative.

Whatโ€™s new in AppSheet Enterprise Standard and AppSheet Enterprise Plus?

For this community, one of the key benefits of the new Enterprise subscriptions is that you can purchase end-user licenses without an annual fixed fee. This will give access to the more robust features of AppSheet with connectors, authentication, and governance for smaller user counts.

These subscription changes help us to align plan names with the way similar plans are named across Google products and enable further integration between AppSheet and Google.

FAQ

Am I going to pay more for my current subscription?
No. Your price-per-license and features included in your license donโ€™t change.

Is my feature set being limited?
No. The feature set included in each plan remains the same (and increases in a few cases).

12 34 3,764
34 REPLIES 34

Awesome!! I took a look at the plans and I no longer see database connection explicitly listed. Are connections to sql databases (like GCP CloudSQL) still only available to enterprise standard and enterprise plus?

Hi Daniel, thatโ€™s correct. The difference now is that we removed the annual fixed fee for those plans and is only user based. Feel free to reach out to sales by clicking on the contact sales form to discuss options.

Hi @kamila @Santiago,

When will the notation in the editor be changed?
The number of users who are interested in AppSheet is increasing, and it will cause confusion if the pricing page and Editor continue to have different notations.

Hi Takuya, the changes in those areas of the product will be updated over several weeks. Thank you!

Santiago

Thanks @Santiago

I hope this will be changed soon.
We will converse with clients on the new plan name.
However, they canโ€™t find the name in the Editor and are unsure about using the new AppSheet product.
Of course, the AppSheet Team understands this, but itโ€™s not a happy situation for anyone, and we donโ€™t want that.

@kamila @Santiago

Sorry for repeating myself.

Please link to the Workspace Team and update the Help page as well.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/10131550?hl=en#zippy=%2Cwhat-version-of-appsheet-do-enterprise-p...

Weโ€™re seeing a lot of interest in AppSheet from our customers.
However, new customers can be very sensitive to this kind of confusion.
I would like to ask you to make a polite announcement for future End Users rather than those of us who understand the background.

HI Takuya, you will also see updates in the Workspace docs updated with AppSheet Core in the next few days. Thank you for pointing it out

Quick one, mate. Thanks.
(On behalf of Takuya, now on sleep, haha.)

One more last thing.
As far as we know. no change in publisher pro plan.
But I just review the new pricing page, but publisher pro plan just mentioned not a list, but only here

I think it is better that publisher pro plan should be standing out bit more clearly so that people get aware of it.
In addition, word of โ€œProโ€ is now gone from per user plan, so to keep the consystency, why dont you discuss internally change words, onto Publisher Core? or something as one of the purpose of the change in the plan is to be consistant with Google solusion services?

Hi Koichi, that is correct. The Publisher Pro plan remains with the feature limitations it usually has. We wonโ€™t be doing any changes to that plan name or feature set in the short time and weโ€™ll update the community changes in the future

@Jon_Melo peep this.

I was asleep.

This is where we have to be careful.
The similarity of the names makes the Plan grade easier to communicate.
On the other hand, we need to correctly communicate the bundled products.
If I understand correctly, I believe the following conversation will need to take place

Customer: If I sign up for Workspace Enterprise Plus, will I also get Enterprise Plus for AppSheet?
Us: No, AppSheet will be bundled with Core.
Customer: What about Workspace Enterprise Standard?
Us: You will need to purchase the AppSheet separately.

@tsuji_koichi

Also, on the Workspace pricing page, it is only listed as Enterprise.

This means that customers may not understand whether their contract is Enterprise Standard or Enterprise Plus.

We need to be careful not to mislead customers with Workspace Enterprise Standard subscriptions into thinking that AppSheet Core is bundled with them.

If I could get some clarification on these changes? I was an App Maker migrator and essentially my account always showed as Appsheet Business, although it really was a Appsheet Pro subscription with the advanced data connector to Cloud SQL. Also, during other conversations with Appsheet support I was told that my subscription was covered under our State Government Google Workspace Enterprise license.

Now my account reflects Appsheet Core everywhere I look. So what exactly is it that I have at my disposal?

Also, does this reshuffling of naming conventions in any way affect pricing as it relates for having app users living outside our domain? Meaning, are there now more cost effective plans available to allow outside users access to a/some application(s)?

Hi Markus,

Your entitlement should not change based on the product changes we have introduced. In cases like yours, the product experience shouldnโ€™t change even though you have a special type of subscription that is not included in the supported plans. In short, your apps should continue to work

My advise is that you also connect with your AppSheet sales representative if you want to get more information about whatโ€™s included in AppSheet Enterprise Standard or AppSheet Enterprise Plus if you are considering upgrading the subscription.

Hi @kamila @Santiago

Iโ€™m sorry I couldnโ€™t make it to the end.

Will the sometimes remaining name Corporate Plan continue to be used?
This is also causing confusion for our customers.

Takuya, thanks for surfacing - all references to the old plans will be updated over the next few weeks, including the references to corporate plan instead of enterprise. If you have any follow-up questions on specific parts of the editor, the messaging, or have feedback - please feel free to email me directly at kamila@appsheet.com and we can work together to make sure we minimize the confusion for your customers.

Thanks @kamila ,

My current questions have been answered.
If I receive any additional questions from customers, I will discuss them directly with you.

@kamila what is the Enterprise Standard Per User cost. Seeing that the Annual Fee is not anymore

Henry - please contact sales for details. If you donโ€™t have a sales rep youโ€™re currently working with, you can get in touch with one via Contact Sales form.

kamila, hello!
I applied through this form three days ago, but have not received any response.
I am interested in the conditions and cost of switching from a Core plan to an Enterprise Standard. We need to connect different data sources (namely MySQL and Postgres), you wrote earlier in this thread that the prepaid payment type in the amount of $ 30,000 was canceled and now payment per user is available.
Should I continue to wait for a response from the sales team or can I get a response here (in a personal message)?

I escalated internally. A sales representative should be in touch with you before the day is over.

Hello,

There is no platform fee for the Enterprise Standard plan anymore and itโ€™s a straight user based pricing. Please email me at hyungl@google.com for more details. Thanks.

@kamila @Santiago

Wow!
Youโ€™ve already updated the notation on the Editor.
It is now clear for app creators what features are available under their license.
Thank you very much.

3X_f_2_f2e087caa94b4b7e660eec4965e0836730267392.png

@kamila @Santiago

I see that the label โ€œCorporate Planโ€ has also been changed to โ€œEnterprise Planโ€!
Thanks for the quick response.

Workspace help has been changed too!
Great jobs!

Thank you Takuya, our goal was to finalize these changes as quickly as possible

Although it is just a text replacement, I understand how hard it is to change to an editor with a history and to update a web site managed by GoogleWorkspace team.

Therefore, I knew that this change would take a long time.
However, @kamila and @Santiago have quickly taken care of the problem, and it is very reassuring to know that the AppSheet team is an important part of the big Google.

Thanks!

I see there is also a Pay per App plan, I understand that the app is public and anyone can open. Can I have a pre-registered list of users in a separate table? Can I show to these specific users the data that is assigned to them and hide it from the public users?

Unfortunately, no. Such use case should only be covered by a secure plan that requires sign-in, because measures like the one described can be easily circumvented, put your userโ€™s data at risk of exposure, and give them false sense of security in sharing their data. To keep everyone secure, any such mechanisms are against our terms of service.

Last week I deployed a new AppSheet application which connects to Cloud SQL.
Today, I was trying to deploy another application but this time I get the error: โ€œDatabase source โ€˜databaseโ€™ not allowed with the APPSHEET CORE planโ€.

We are using AppSheet with our Workspace Enterprise Plus accounts. Has the database source option been removed from AppSheet Core recently? Do we have to upgrade to AppSheet Enterprise Standard to regain this functionality?

Please contact sales@appsheet.com for help with this.

Hi Kristof,

The ability to use Cloud SQL and other types of relational databases has been part of the AppSheet Enterprise Standard plan, and previously the AppSheet Business plan, since 2019. Let me know if youโ€™d like to discuss in more detail what an upgrade might look like. You can reach me at wsallembien@google.com, or email sales@appsheet.com per Steveโ€™s message.

William

Would like to know if automation works on Publisher pro plan @kamila