Web-App Push Notifications

It would be great if Appsheet could directly provide a push notification service to send to desktop users.

Going through a 3rd party can become a little tricky and takes a lot of time to get right.
(not that I have yet)
Appsheet have made creating notifications to send to mobile devices really easy and I think it would be great if it could be as easy to create desktop push notifications in the same way.

In the workplace, it is sometimes the case where users are out gathering and updating data whilst having a central hub monitoring and sending tasks to users, but if the central hub isn’t using a mobile device the only way to be notified is via email.

( and we all know how often they’re read )

Status Open
39 16 1,616
16 Comments
Jonathan_S

I second this

Brady_Lovell
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Push notifications on desktop would help out my entire network. Would be a thrilled to see this as an option in AppSheet. We use the desktop version 90% of the time.

mateo
Silver 3
Silver 3

Maybe someone found the solution for desktop notifications within AppSheet?

SkrOYC
Gold 5
Gold 5
mateo
Silver 3
Silver 3

I know Integromat but have to find out how I could use it Thanks

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

pablo_jauregui1
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

I also believe that it's important to have this kind of notifications in web app

Michuli
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

this feature is a must. please please please 

marinocity
Silver 2
Silver 2

yes please!

Comercial_Maqst
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

I need it to much

abhishek-swamy
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

I agree with you that it would be great if AppSheet could directly provide a push notification service to send to desktop users. It would make it much easier to create and send notifications, and it would ensure that users are notified even if they are not using a mobile device.

Ranjith
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Does anyone knows any work around for this feature?

Ravshan
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

It's really very need us

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

@Ranjith wrote:

Does anyone knows any work around for this feature?

To achieve this, you may need to engage in some coding using Node.js. This can be done by utilizing AppSheet's webhook to activate an external web application, which in turn can initiate notifications. However, it's important to note that for these notifications to reach the user, they must opt in to receive them.

Ranjith
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

@Rifad  Thanks for the reply. I'm not a strong programmer could you be more specific. Are we calling any third party application to push the notifications ? and how to use such webhooks.