Webhook Not posting

Hey Appsheet team! I am having an issue with a webhook not functioning.
I have a workflow setup to send a webhook to Zapier (POST, JSON). I have 2 of these already set up and functioning on seperate workflows, just trying to add this for a separate form. The issue is that even though this is setup the same way, it isnโ€™t posting to the zapier site. I have it setup with the zapier Url, Post, JSON, and then tried it with and without the auto-generated body template. I also tried an online webhook tester โ€œwebhook.siteโ€ and it didnโ€™t pick up a response. I made sure the workflow was triggering by adding another action under the same workflow to email me, and it does.
Thanks!

0 5 392
5 REPLIES 5

What do you see in Audit History as described here https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/962018-troubleshooting-webhooks

Hi Phil, thanks for getting back to me.
Here is the error I got from the audit log. Iโ€™m guessing it has to do with syntax used in my column name, using โ€œ:โ€.

โ€œErrorsโ€: โ€œError: Failed to parse JSON due to Invalid character after parsing property name. Expected โ€˜:โ€™ but got: s. Path โ€˜[โ€˜Q2 Commentsโ€™]โ€™, line 1, position 306โ€ฆ Invalid JSON value starts with: self-quarantineโ€ by a medical professional?": โ€œNโ€,โ€œQ3 Commentsโ€: โ€œโ€,โ€œHave you or any of your personnโ€,

Any idea how to fix this? Am I going to have to change my column names?

Well I ended up just removing everything I didnโ€™t need via a text editor as the stuff that said was causing the issue was useless to me anyway, so now it works.

Glad you got it working. I just saw your earlier question.

Top Labels in this Space