Weekly accountability check: week 1

Hi everyone!

I’d like to try an experiment here to push us all to become better app creators. At the end of every week I’ll post a new thread for the prompted question. Leave your remark and let’s see how many of us can post a new item on each new thread every week for the next month.

Ready? What was ONE thing you learned or built this week that made your application(s) better?

1 Like

I learned that I can put this wonderful little guy:partyparrot (Appsheet)
Here!!! :star_struck:

…Nuff said. :laughing: :nerd_face:

PS: Love the idea! Can’t wait to see what others have found/learned!

5 Likes

Could you give me a link to a page where I can see how this can be done

1 Like

Learnt how to add virtual column to a form and heck lot more…:ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

I learned it’s possible to create recursive groups of actions to iterate through a list.

5 Likes

:nerd_face:

@DPM_reports Check out https://parrotify.github.io/ - Party Parrot as a Service!!!

To use as your app’s icon, just paste the result url in the custom space for the icon!

partyparrot (multitech) rightparrot (appsheet)

@Bahbus I was contemplating a setup that would do something like that, I’m curious how you’re going about that. Have you run into any infinite loops yet?

2 Likes

You gave me another new toy.

2 Likes

To compensate to you, I give this GIF (my favourites) to you, which I user heavily in my app to guide user to press inline actions!

https://firebasestorage.googleapis.com/v0/b/flamelink-739e8.appspot.com/o/Images%2Fgiphy.gif?alt=media&token=1ec8d57e-b1cc-49b4-8fa9-a7997320c4dd

2 Likes

hand pointing up

Naturally people (app user) will press the button they need to press.
haha.

1 Like

LoopingWithActions, here:
https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/381190

Yep, browser crashed, so nothing synced. Note this was an action loop, not in a workflow.

3 Likes

I figured out how to build a time off form to allow for multiple days using one click!

5 Likes

I learned that deck views can be an interesting interactive view. I’ve not done much with deck views before.

4 Likes

I figured out that you can add one Grouped Action to another Grouped Action (not allowed by appsheet, but allows better organization of large action groups) by including a Reference Action (Data: execute an action on a set of rows) as a “link”.

Parent Group
  -action 1
  -action 2
  -Reference Action
    -Child Group
      -action 3
      -action 4

Recursive loop actions sounds awesome!

5 Likes

I’ve learned that I need to read more to catch-up and learned from the masters in the community and developed a learning path for other in my organizations to have better steps to learn AppSheet, and make some kind of AppSheet (Beginner to Advance steps):

Note that step 17 and beyond are being developed further where I should have something like learning Expression (easy hanging fruit - simple expression with many use-case) to complex expressions, which should form as foundations for optimum learning path and utilization of the platform for my team.

6 Likes

This is quite useful chart indeed.

Thank you.

This is just applying to my case only. I started Appsheet back in 2017. I believe the materials are still available on Youtube, but I attended to weekly webinar at that point of time to learn the platform. My case was also not to learn from the sample apps, but I started to build my own app from scratch. Then when I faced the problems and need to find a tricks to achieve the functions i need, I visited documentation and knowledge base first and search Youtube Appsheet with other keyword to find a tricks.

Then added new knowledge to me.
Even after 3 + years with Appsheet, new idea, tricks are added mostly every day. That will NOT make me bored.

FYG, I m Appsheet partner, so basically Appsheet is my business tool.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for 17 and beyond. Thank you.

Hi everyone!

Week two has started here: