We've run into issues with folks who don't ha...

security
(Tina Cheng) #1

We’ve run into issues with folks who don’t have a gmail account and being able to log into their apps easily.

Is there a way to fix this?

Yahoo? folks who use their own email domains which may or may not be a gmail account in the backend?

Thanks.

(Philip Garrett) #2

You can use one or more of the authentication providers list below:

Google Dropbox Box Office365 Smartsheet Salesforce

For details see the article help.appsheet.com - Granting Application Access

Also see https://help.appsheet.com/security/domain-integration/user-access-control-via-aws-cognito Granting Application Access help.appsheet.com

(Henry Scott) #3

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh why is AWS Cognito not listed in your answer?

(Philip Garrett) #4

@Henry_Scott

Yes, you are right. You can use AWS Cognito. That is included in the second article I cited.

Since it requires a Business Subscription it may not be an option for some users, but it is definitely possible.

(Tina Cheng) #5

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh hello, thanks for the links. so it sounds like the best thing for me to do is set the authentication provider to “Any Provider” and then, would I add domain names for someone with yahoo.com?

What if someone doesn’t have a google account or an account in any of the choices? How do I give them access?

(Philip Garrett) #6

@Tina_Cheng

When you specify “Any Provider” your users must have an account with at least one of the listed providers.

If you want to use Yahoo (or some other provider not on the list) then you might want to consider AWS Cognito. See the link to AWS Cognito in my first response above.

(Tina Cheng) #7

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh for this AWS Cognito, is this part of the Premium Plan cost? So once I set up my list and add this new authentication domain, my users will then need to create a password?

(Tina Cheng) #8

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh is AWS free to set up?

(Henry Scott) #9

@Tina_Cheng

see this link aws.amazon.com - Amazon Cognito - Pricing First 50,000 users in a pool is FREE

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh can respond which Appsheet Plan is required Amazon Cognito - Pricing aws.amazon.com

(Philip Garrett) #10

@Tina_Cheng

To use Cognito you need to be enrolled in a business plan.

To learn more, you can contact sales@appsheet.com or I can ask Sales to contact you.