What about an option to add code to integrate...

(Geovany Kelly) #1

What about an option to add code to integrate with Payments platform like PayPal, Stripe or any local platform?

(Aleksi Alkio) #2

Unfortunately we don’t have tools for that, but you can create that functionality with an external API connection.

(Christian Farley) #3

@Aleksi_Alkio is there some documentation, example, or webinar discussing how to create such functionality?

(Aleksi Alkio) #4

I’m afraid you probably won’t find anything. The API connection is so Payment gateway specific.

(Geovany Kelly) #5

@Aleksi_Alkio do you think you can help us with an easy sample about how can we use for instance PayPal API with AppSheet?

(Aleksi Alkio) #6

Unfortunately it’s not something easy because you can’t create just something. You need to create it totally or not at all. Levent will know about it.

(Levent KULAÇOĞLU) #7

@Geovany_Kelly, @Christian_Farley2 Unfortunately there can’t be any sample app because the connection to any payment system like PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.Net, EasyCo etc. needs their specific scripting coding requirements for the RESTful API access. You have to create a developer account and initialize an API Key and Client Secret to access and get authorization from their API endpoint. I concur with @Aleksi_Alkio that either you create it totally or not at all. Initializing/integrating an online payment platform with an AppSheet app is not alike creating a sample/demo inventory management app for example.

Connecting to an online payment gateway requires a good knowledge of JavaScript/NodeJS, HTML5 and CSS. Therefore it’s not possible to organize a webinar as it will be highly detailed.

As ABLE3 Ventures, we have integrated 1-2 major online payment gateways to some client apps, however it’s not possible to publicize the development/showcase the app as we are under strict NDA/CA terms.

Provided I can create some spare time from my app development schedule, may be I can organize a scripting webinar in the community on how to connect external RESTful API services, posting and getting data to and from these services. Credit Card Processing & Payment Gateway: Accept Payments Online – Authorize.Net authorize.net