What about an option to add code to integrate...

What about an option to add code to integrate with Payments platform like PayPal, Stripe or any local platform?

2 19 2,370
19 REPLIES 19

Unfortunately we donโ€™t have tools for that, but you can create that functionality with an external API connection.

@Aleksi_Alkio is there some documentation, example, or webinar discussing how to create such functionality?

Iโ€™m afraid you probably wonโ€™t find anything. The API connection is so Payment gateway specific.

@Aleksi_Alkio do you think you can help us with an easy sample about how can we use for instance PayPal API with AppSheet?

Unfortunately itโ€™s not something easy because you canโ€™t create just something. You need to create it totally or not at all. Levent will know about it.

@Geovany_Kelly, @Christian_Farley2 Unfortunately there canโ€™t be any sample app because the connection to any payment system like PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.Net, EasyCo etc. needs their specific scripting coding requirements for the RESTful API access. You have to create a developer account and initialize an API Key and Client Secret to access and get authorization from their API endpoint. I concur with @Aleksi_Alkio that either you create it totally or not at all. Initializing/integrating an online payment platform with an AppSheet app is not alike creating a sample/demo inventory management app for example.

Connecting to an online payment gateway requires a good knowledge of JavaScript/NodeJS, HTML5 and CSS. Therefore itโ€™s not possible to organize a webinar as it will be highly detailed.

As ABLE3 Ventures, we have integrated 1-2 major online payment gateways to some client apps, however itโ€™s not possible to publicize the development/showcase the app as we are under strict NDA/CA terms.

Provided I can create some spare time from my app development schedule, may be I can organize a scripting webinar in the community on how to connect external RESTful API services, posting and getting data to and from these services. Credit Card Processing & Payment Gateway: Accept Payments Online โ€“ Authorize.Net authorize.net

Been 18 months but if you did end up doing that webinar and itโ€™s online Iโ€™d be interested in viewing it.

Did this event happen, or are we still waiting? I am interested in this webinar if it takes place.

Hi @Levent_KULACOGLU Could you give a rough estimate of how much you would charge to set up a basic payment gateway for an Appsheet app? On related note, as others have mentioned, did you ever do a webinar? Thanks in advance

It seems this is a real hangup about appsheet. If appsheet could integrate maybe the top 3 payment processors such as paypal into its platform it would be gold. Otherwise it really limits the usage of the app as far as a business to customer perspective goes.

@Noah_Beach

Otherwise it really limits the usage of the app as far as a business to customer perspective goes.

I totally agree. It is logical step for payment functionality to be included. It gets my vote as a feature request.

But How to add payment gateway. please say something

Hi @RIDOY_FARMACY, welcome to the community. Unfortunately Iโ€™ve not heard anything further on this topic. Happy to provide AppSheet with some real-life example Use-cases.

I just posted mentioning they need to integrate a payment gateway. If they do not other platforms will come along that will and Appsheet will collapse. A payment gateway is probably the most important addition needed right now. Everything else is just dressing.

The only way I know how to do this now is an API in Google sheets as the intermediary. However, you would have to use the PayPal app or other processor app for all the payment processing. The payments would sync with Google sheets and the app would pull the data in. It could be possible to do it in reverse where you post payments from Google sheets to processing API, but I don't think this is possible as a fast synchronous system as of yet.

IMO AppSheet is not the right tool for this scenario.

๐Ÿ’ฏ

It doesn't seem Appsheet is useful for any type of business to customer apps. Most point of sale systems already have built in inventory controls. Appsheet shines in operations management. That is where I use it now. 

Yes, that is the main thing appsheet was designed for.

Top Labels in this Space