What approach to use on an app I am working o...

What approach to use on an app I am working on for logging shark / whale sightings. Every trip has a standard heading including things like trip #, vessel name, skipper name start and end time.

Then each sighting becomes a line item under this heading including things like lat/long, specie code, count, comments and photos.

My question is what approach to take for compiling a PDF at the end of the trip with the heading info at the top and each sighting as a line item below in rows?

0 6 324
6 REPLIES 6

It should be easy I reckon. Could you explain the codes in the screen shot attached?

Create a Google Doc as a template. Create the doc with different tables and then call all related records with Startโ€ฆ End expression.

@Marius_Scholtz, specifically for generating a report, please look at the topic of โ€œScheduled Workflowsโ€ (in the app editor, these are called Reports) help.appsheet.com - BEHAVIOR | AppSheet Help Center and specifically for you, I think you need this sub-article

https://help.appsheet.com/behavior/workflow-sending-email/email-scheduled-event-templates-without-fo... BEHAVIOR | AppSheet Help Center help.appsheet.com

@Emmanuel_Benjamin Those codes will be long and lat that I will simply do with Long Lat columns type.

@Aleksi_Alkio this is how I started structuring it. I created a trip table that holds all header info and a sighting table for the line item records for each sighting. Then I have each sighting references the trip. Am I on the right track? Can you give E me more help on the use of the Start End expression?

Also I have the Sighting reference the Trip but because there are daily trips the list of trips will get very long and confusing soon. I tried for the reference to only show trips for that day by using the Show_if field withโ€ฆ

[Date] = โ€œTODAY()โ€

but it does not work.

You are on the right track.

When the trip data is already there and you open the detail view, you will see all Sightings on the line item view. When the user adds a new line item, the correct trip is already choosen and no need to search from the list. You can also create an action button for doing the same thing if needed.

Top Labels in this Space