What are these things and why do they seem to not work?

Austin
Participant V

Just found these 2 buttons in the side of my detail view. When I click them they don’t seem to trigger a save being available but they change my view to make it look really weird. Also clicking classic or card changes my view and does not change back when I select the other so broken?

Solved Solved
2 7 315
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

morgan
Participant V

Thanks Austin! I’ve identified the issue and have created a potential fix.

Here’s what is happening: there will be a new option the layout of your detail views. What’s happening is that we were planning to roll the feature out slowly, but a bug was causing the the toggle to show up regardless of whether your account is included in the rollout or not. Then you get wonky behavior.

We will double check the fix for this, and if everything is in order, we will release it ASAP.

Thanks again,
Morgan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

LeventK
Participant V

Austin
Participant V

They are already broken for me then…can’t change back and clicking either button changes to card.

morgan
Participant V

Hey Austin,

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing some issues with this feature. Clicking that toggle should change the header of the detail view to show a card layout, and allow you to configure it / save it. Can you send me some more screenshots or a video of the issue you’re describing so I can debug it? Also, try changing some of the card settings and see if save is enabled after that.

Thanks,
Morgan

I will make a video of it shortly but I do not think I have any card settings, these are all present in the detail view normally I believe?

The only setting I lose is Image Style and I gain no new options.

morgan
Participant V

Thanks Austin! I’ve identified the issue and have created a potential fix.

Here’s what is happening: there will be a new option the layout of your detail views. What’s happening is that we were planning to roll the feature out slowly, but a bug was causing the the toggle to show up regardless of whether your account is included in the rollout or not. Then you get wonky behavior.

We will double check the fix for this, and if everything is in order, we will release it ASAP.

Thanks again,
Morgan

Cool kinda curious to use the card detail view as we haven’t even used the regular card view yet, haven’t had a relevant app to use it in.

Cards are a substantial improvement in how they handle customizing the UI. One step closer to the eventual, powerful, drag-n-drop, WYSIWYG interface I know they can do.

Top Labels in this Space