What expression do I use to tell my starting ...

What expression do I use to tell my starting view to be “Company Info” if "x@mail.com" is signing in.

And “Customer Portal View” if "Y@mail.com" is signing in?

0 24 1,083
24 REPLIES 24

Is it really working?

How do I tell my Customer Detail view, to open my customer custom table view?

It is opening my internal site equipment view, and I dont really want to go through every column and adjust the showif’s to differ depending on useremail.

so I made a slice of the information I want to show the customer, and then a view off that slice.

But how do I make the customer detail view link to the customer table view?

Add a VC with link to view in the table, and then reference the VC column in the slice?

I figured it out.

I added the VC to my main table that referenced the read only slice I created for my customer.

I then told the UX to use that view.

Easy fix, I already knew how to do but forgot.

Glad you were able to find the way!

Yup, it changes which starting view depending on whether the emails listed above are there or not.

So by default it works to start my customer portal view.

Because their email is unique to the ones above.

kinda a work around, but yah it works.

Are you proud of me?

The reason why I’m asking… this formula should always give you the result FALSE and the “Customer Portal” as a default view.

I will double check it.

Damn it, your right!

So how do I fix this?

this is not working…any remedy

Hi @DPM_reports
In what way is it not working?

The expression lets the user I.e email mentioned to view the view mentioned First in the expression, but the others who must get the 2nd view are not able to see that…they too are getting the first view as in the expression

What is the exact expression you’re using?

Please also provide a screenshot of the UX >> Options tab in the app editor that shows the Starting view setting.

here status and price list are my view names,

the issue when user whose email is mentioned in the expression logs in, he sees the status view, whereas the rest of the users also see the same view, i need them to see Price List view

2X_3_3b7ac1d74e3d6d3f4e4369f404f0e506e23d0b9e.png

As requested in other similar post thread you had intiated , did you get a chance to try an expressions with exclusive mention of two different email options to navigate to two different views with IFS() function?

i was about to try but is there a way where i can say any other user this view…as otherwise i have to mention all the user emails in the expression which could be tedious

Sure, thank you. I requested to try the other expression because in my testing, exclusive mention of two email options worked.

One option I believe to avoid repeated mention of emails in expressions is , if there are handful of users, you could create a user table with their emails to refer to. I believe it will be handy in other app logic as well if there are many user or user roles dependent operations in the app.

Also I request you to consider following point just in case you have not already.

Many times in such testing that involves two emails, so possibly two devices , the app creator needs to ensure that the two devices are running the latest and same version of the app, especially after making changes.

At times, by oversight I have missed doing that, so thought of sharing the experience.

Your expression looks good. I don’t think you need to try IFS().

Please provide a screenshot of the UX >> Options tab in the app editor that shows the Starting view setting.

I agree with @Suvrutt_Gurjar that you should confirm that all users are using the latest version. Also make sure you’ve saved your changes.

you are

literally my hero! Thanks Aleksi

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space